9 WHO IS HE (Part 1)

Marco Gray

After the whole Lina thing after school yesterday we didn't talk about her. Yet she remains the only thing I can think about. She drives me nuts.

"...ing tonight. And after we're going over to Anthony's. You coming?" The boys brake me out of my thoughts again. I just nod.

"Yeah sure." I say not completely sure what I just agreed to. Lucas looks at me before shake his head.

"You idiot. You don't even know what I just said. Do you?" Lucas says and I look at him.

"That you guys are going to Anthony's and do I want to come." I say.

"Okay what are we doing before that?" Lucas says and I shrug.

"Fighting? Robbing a bank? Getting food? I don't know." I say and all three boys look at me.

"Robbing a bank? My mom would kill me." Anthony says and I roll my eyes.

"Maybe he does have the hots for her?" Lucas says and the other two nod.

"Oh yah. Big time!" Tyler says and I roll my eyes.

"I do not." I say calmly simply because I know if I get defensive about it it'll just end badly. The boys all roll their eyes and walk up the stairs. I walk up the stairs and into my room, Lina still on my thoughts. I frown at my own thoughts before I lay on my bed. I grab my phone and play my music. It's only 4:56. Well probably leave about eight-ish. Which means I have three hours. With that thought I fall asleep.

"Marrco! Let's go." The boys yell and I roll my eyes before walking out of my room. I follow the boys to the car and we get in. Lucas drives and we get to the place.

"What is this place called?" I ask curious now as to what it's suppose to be called. All three boys look at me like I'm crazy. Ignore my question and just walk into the building. I huff slightly to myself as I walk into the building. I look around and see Jack up in the ring fighting a huge guy. The other three boys went to stay next to the ring and I look around for Lina. I spot her trying to come towards me and by the looks of it a guy following her.

"Ev! Stop walking away from me! Let me explain!" The guy says and she looks back but continues walking my way. She bumps into me and like ever other time I steady her before she falls.

"Hey Lina. When are you fighting?" I ask her not paying much attention to the guy behind her. However enough that I see his eyes zero in on my hands around her. She looks up at me and pushes herself flush against me.

"Marrco. I need a favor. Get me out of here. Please." She says and I turn with her still against me. As I walk out the door the guy follows us. And it occurs to me that he knows her. Or he must with the fact that he calls he Ev. As in Evangelina.

"Ev come on your really gonna ignore me! You can't ignore me! You know that! I know that!" He says once we get out of the building.

"Evan step off. Don't make me beat your ass. Walk away. It's what you do best." She says her voice cold and I see him flinch.

"Um. Lina?" I ask quietly not exactly sure what to do. She looks at me as she wraps her arms around herself and I take my jacket off before wrapping it around her.

"Ev! You can't ignore me! I can't believe you stayed here! I told you to leave. I told you that they want to come back here!" The guy yells at Lina and I can feel my blood start to boil again.

"Evan! I'm telling you to step off. You haven't called in almost seven months! And then! You just show up here? Why don't you walk away. It's what you do best remember? You coward!" She says, her eyes water as she spits at him.

"Evangelina you know I didn't have a choice. If I did I would have stayed. You know that!" He fires back and I can't help but wonder if he's an ex of hers.

"You f*cking coward! You know damn well that you could have stayed! Your just a little.. a little c*ntwaffle!! You could have defended me against them. It's not like I asked for that to happen to me!! And if you were wondering. I lost it! You f*cking coward of a c*ntwaffle! Walk the f*ck away it's what you do. Leave and don't come back." Lina says and I can't say I'm not in shock at the words that came out of her mouth. He freezes and looks at her.

"Are you serious?" He asks his voice low. She just nods and tears stream down her face.

"Evangelina... I'm so sorry. You know that's not what I wanted. I'm so sorry baby." He says and I realize that maybe he was an ex of hers. But what is she talking about. She couldn't be talking about... No not possible. He steps closer as she cries.

"Ev I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you." He says and without thinking I step to Lina and wrap my arms around her.

"Just.. Just stay there. You don't need to come any closer to her." I tell him as she buries her face.

"You don't know who I am. Do you?" He says quietly. I look at him confused.

"No. No he does not. And dont call me that anymore. You aren't important in my life anymore." Lina says her voice horse from crying.

"Does he know about.." he trails off.

"No." Is all she says.

"You're really mad at me aren't you?" He asks and she scoffs. She looks up at me before she says quietly.

"Whatever you do don't let me go." And then turns to him.