13 HE CAME OVER

Jack Lawrence

    The second movie finishes and I look over at Marco and Lina. Both asleep. Someone knocks at the door and Marco stirs before he blinks and looks at me. I put my finger to my lips and he looks down. A lazy smile coming to his face as he looks at Lina. I get up to answer the door.

    "What the hell are you doing here!" I whisper yell aware that Lina is asleep not 10 feet away. I step back to see if she's asleep and Marco glares at me.

    "Sorry. I know." I look back at Evan and he looks down.

    "I just want to talk. Please don't hit me again." He says and I'm half tempted to hit him but I sigh and let him in. I walk back over to the living room and Evan follows me. I sit at the other end of the sofa and Evan stands awkwardly.

    "You can sit there." I say and point at chair I was sitting in. He sits and looks at Lina. She whimpers and I know she's having that dream again. Five years later she still has nightmares about that day. Marco rubs her back and she stills under his hand.

    "What do you want?" I ask and Evan looks at me.

    "I wanna know she's okay. She wasn't serious the other night was she?" He says his voice low.

    "Wasn't serious about what?" I ask confused and Marco looks at me then at Evan.

    "Yes she was serious." Marco says and I look at him confused.

    "She really lost it?" Evan says and I look at him.

    "Yes.. Two weeks after our parents died." I say my voice cold as I recall the terrible memories.

    "I feel terrible. My parents kicked her out. Then she's raped because she likes to fight.."

    "Get out.. Get the f*ck out. Now!" I say cutting him off. Lina stirs and Marco can't still her again. She yawns and I stand up in between them and Evan.

    "Hey lazy butt." I hear Marco say. I hear her make a noise. None of us make any noise and then Marco says..

    "She fell asleep again." I look at her and see that she moved but was in fact asleep again.

    "How do you know she isn't pretending?" Evan asks. And I roll my eyes but before I can answer Marco beats me.

    "Her breathing is slightly different than from when she's awake." He says quietly.

    "Get out. Now." I say and see him flinch.

    "She got raped because those guys are disgusting pigs. And because I didn't go with her." I say my voice still low and cold. Evan looks down.

    "I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that." Evan says and I cross my arms over my chest.

    "Oh really? Then how did you mean it?" I ask.

    "I meant she got raped because she was alone at night. I would never never blame the fact the she got raped on the fact that she likes to fight. But I feel horrible. Ditched raped pregnant and death. We're only 17.."

    "She's 17. In this house we do not put you and her together. And we say her birthday is different. Everything that had ever associated with you or your family was changed." I say. I look back at Lina and see she's still asleep.

    "Marco take her to her room and close the door." I say and he moves pulling Lina into his arms she whimpers again and Marco freezes. He takes her to her room and shuts the door.

     "What do you mean? She can't cut me out of her life! She's part of our family too!" Evan says yelling as he goes. I roll my eyes.

    "No. No she's not. Not anymore. She's my family now. Her last name is Lawrence. She tells everyone her birthday is after yours. She's always been apart of my family. And she only ever lost one set of parents." I say and shove my hands in my pockets to stop me from punching this fool..

     "She only has one older brother that failed her one night. She doesn't consider you or your parents family anymore. She doesn't talk about you anymore. You aren't part of her past.." I say before I hear her crying.

     "Marco?" I ask loud enough that I know he can hear me. When I get no answer I walk into her bedroom. She's sobbing into his chest again.

     "Lina? What happened?" I ask quietly and Marco shakes his head.

    "Get out." He mouths and I frown before I step out of the room.

    "We are part of her pass." Evan says when I step back into the living room.

   "Okay fine. Let's say you are but even you know. You part of her pass. Not future." I say and he growls.

   "I will be. She is my twin sister. And I'm not giving up." He says and I roll my eyes.

    "Do you hear her?" I ask and we're both quiet listening to her cry.

    "That's because of you. Do you understand that?" I ask and her looks.

    "Come on angel leave it. Jack can handle him." I hear Marco and then see Lina. She looks at me and then at Evan. Tears streaming down her checks.

    "What the hell are you doing here?!" She yells at Evan and Marco grabs her waist.

     "No! No! Let me go!" She screams and I look down. If I had just hit him instead of letting him in our house she wouldn't be like this.

    "You will not be part of my future! And Jack is the only sibling I have! I got ditched for doing something I love! I got raped because I'm small and those disgusting creatures took the opportunity! Pregnant because he came inside me! And death?! It's your fault!! You never should have come back. Not then and definitely not now!!" She screams and Evan looks at his hands.

    "They would all be alive if it weren't for you! All three of them." She says and sobs more. She falls to the ground and Marco sits on his knees holding her tightly whispering in her ear. She shakes her head and Marco looks up.

    "Get out of this house. Now." Marco says his voice deadly and cold.

     "Jack didn't say I have to." Evan says and before I can do anything Marco stands then grabs Evan by his neck and pushes him against the wall.

    "Get out. One warning." Marco says and Lina cries. Marco steps back and Evan coughs. Marco was choking him. He steps back and scoops Lina in his arms and disappears into her room.

    "Get out. You are not welcome here. Next time you show up here I'll call the cops." I warn and he leaves closing the door behind him I look at the clock. Almost one in the morning. Probably should get some sleep. I stop myself from checking on Lina and trust that Marco is with her.