"It felt like, however long it was. Come on, August just tell me what you want."

"Just get me whatever Fallon gets." He paused.

"Y'all sure I can't go? I'll put on my headphones and errythang, I just don't trust your driving skills Nadia."

"I'm sober August what the hell." She laughed, looking at him like he was crazy while grabbing her purse and coat.

It had been so muggy, rainy, and cold lately as well, I feel like that had helped with my sadness as well.

"Sober, high, drunk, with glasses, without, you can't drive."

"How'd I get my license then? Come on Fallon."

"I don't know, who'd you have to top at the DPS to get that shit?"

"Your uncle, let's go Fallon. August I'm not getting you shit." Nadia walked to the door and stepped out into the hallway, while I slid on my Fenty slippers.

"Here." August followed me to the door, handing me one of his debit cards.

"You don't have to,-"

"Shut up, go. Love you." He pushed my ass out the door.

"I love you more, see you soon."

Nadia was waiting for me at the end of the hallway, and when I got in arms reach she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "I really missed you Fallon, and I know you may be mad at me for telling August, but I had to. You know I had to Fallon, I love you so much, I just couldn't see you like that anymore."

I shook my head. "Don't apologize Fallon, I need to be the one telling you sorry, I pushed you away, and I'm sorry for that. I love you so much, and I'm so happy you told August, it needed to happen."

She let out a breath. "Okay I'm glad you're not mad, I couldn't take it. But are you good? Like is everything okay?"

"No, but I'm gonna get better, and that's all that matters."

Nadia and I sat down in a booth eating our ice cream. She had got some sherbet shit, and I had got rocky road, which I was gonna get August too.

"So what're you gonna do? Is abortion still on your mind?" Nadia questioned, putting a spoonful in her mouth.

I shrugged. "I gotta talk to August more about it, he's so against it though, which is completely understandable. But he wants me to be happy though, so he doesn't get it, but he gets it."

She nodded. "He's just going with the flow basically."

"Exactly."

"Shit, at least he knows though. I was so scared for a minute Fallon, you weren't even eating. Fuck talking, I knew something was wrong when you turned down food."

I laughed. "I just can't explain it, but I'm gonna get better."

"I love the positivity, yes you will sis. And I'll be right here with you, whatever you do."

"Thank you baby, I love you."

"I love you more. You ready?"

"Yeah, lemme get August's ice cream."

"Alright I'm gonna warm up the car."

It had been so cold lately when you turned on your car the gauge was all the way on C, instead of in the middle closer the H.

Yet we wanted ice cream.

I ordered a cup for August and carried it to the car, strapping it into the backseat so it would be safe. I was forever buckling my food in.