Chapter 16-Say It Louder

Start from the beginning

"Ella, what's up?", I asked putting a hand on her shoulder.

"You know how you told me that you're not really cool with relationships between other employees?"

"Go on...", I nodded, nearly knowing where this discussion will go to.

"Well...me and Shannon...we started bonding...and...we decided..."

"Wait...why do you refer to you and Shannon as 'we'?"

"Because me and Shannon decided to give it a go...only if you're okay with that...", she blurted.

"When did that happen?", I asked.

"Well, since you were gone to Tokyo, I needed a lot of cheering up. Not really, I was quite happy with my gloomy state, but Shannon was there for me. And he's changed so much Jared. He stopped drinking and he's so much more focused..."

"You know he has someone called Jessie...or at least he fucks a girl called Jessie.", I pointed out.

"I know about her. He came clean with everything."

That was a shock. Shannon coming clean in front of someone. Shannon not drinking. Shannon not smoking. It was clear that Shannon was abducted by aliens and replaced by a new and improved version of himself.

"How long was I away?"

"Not too long...are you upset?"

"No. As long as you two keep it out of the office. And as long as Shannon doesn't hurt you. I don't want to happen to you what happened to Mirka."

"What about you and Anka? Will you give it a go?"

"I like her. I like her a lot. But I don't know. We will wait and see..."

"More than you liked Clara?"

"I paid a million dollars to have her freed from that idiot of a woman. What do you think?"

"Well...what?"

"You heard me. I would've gladly paid a lot more. I wanna see her smile. You know she has the prettiest smile. Speaking of which. I need to head back to my room and wash this crazy fake blood off me."

"Are you cool with me and Shannon seeing each other?"

"Yes. I am...sister in law..."

"Shut up! You goofball!", she replied, hitting me playfully.

"I had to say it."

I said goodbye to her and went back to my room. Anka was sitting at the piano, playing a song. She didn't hear me come in. I wrapped my arms around her, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. She turned around and responded in the same manner.

"I want to love you so badly. But I don't want you to be insecure, not even for a second.", I said softly.

"You don't even know how much I need to be loved.", she whispered.

I cupped her head into my hands and pressed my lips on hers. She kissed me back and put her hands through my hair.

"How was your day?", I asked softly.