Come Get Me

Damien POV

I was setting at my desk when a unknown number called me, I was hesitated but answered.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey is this Damien, It's Scarlet." Came a voice from the phone. Her voice was so sweet that it made my heart skip a beat.

"Oh, hey Scarlet. What's up?" I ask hearing the concern in her voice.

"Well um..I'm kinda being fallowed by a black van. They been following me sense I helped Josh. I have my gun but I forgot to load it. Please come get me." She says.

" I'm on my way, where are you?" I say standing up and running out of my house and got into my car.

"I'm at my shop, Crafties. It's on the shopping district." She tells me. 

"Okay, I'll be there in two minutes." I hang up take off. When I came to the shop I open the door and walk in. The place was small but it was nice. I call out to Scarlet and hear her yell from the back corner. As I made my way to the back I looked over the shelves. Some held art stuff others held beautiful painting that she was selling. When I got to the back Scarlet come into view, she was setting on the floor in a long off the shoulder white shirt and a splatter painted skirt.

She stood up and ran to me giving me a hug while saying Thank you. She steps back and looks up at me with a grin.

" Come on, I'll take you home." I said taking her hand and leading to my car. As we drive she turns on the radio and sweater weather comes on and she sings along.

"Oh, she knows what I think about

And what I think about
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirts, no blouse
Just us, you find out
Nothing I really wanna tell you about no
'Cause it's too cold, whoa
For you here
And now, so let me hold, whoa
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater.

And if I may just take your breath away

I don't mind if there's not much to say
Sometimes the silence guides your mind
So move to a place so far away
The goosebumps start to race
The minute..." 

The ride goes on like that and when I look at the clock I see it's nine. I turn down the radio and ask" Have you eaten yet?"

She shacks her head then turns to look out the windshield. I pull up to a pizza place. I turn off the car and turn to look at her to see her watching me.

"You didn't have to take me to dinner. The safe ride home is enough." She say.

"I know I didn't have to, but I want to." I say stepping out of the car she climbs out and fallows me. I hold the door open for her and she smiles and says a quiet thank you. We get a pepperoni pizza and take a booth and start eating.

" So what where you doing at Crafties at this time of night?" I ask.

"Oh, I own it, I was getting ready for the grand opening tomorrow." She replies taking a sip of her coke.

" Wait, I thought you where a doctor. Now that I think of it, you're only about 23. There is no way you could be a doctor." I explain.

"I'm 22 and I graduated high school at age 9 then collage at age 18. I grow up in a bad place so all I had to do was school work." She says looking down.

"What do you mean by 'bad place'?" I ask before I could stop my self.

She looks at me for a moment before looking away and saying" My dad abused me. my mother died giving birth to me and my dad blamed me. Before I went off to collage my dad got really drunk and tried to rape me again, when I fought back he fell and hit his head and died."

I was quiet, such an amazing girl as been though so much. She has been beaten and raped for something she couldn't help.

"I'm sorry-" I started until she stopped me.

"Don't be, because of my past I am the girl I am today." She says. After that we played 20 question, I started.

"Favorite color? Mines yellow"

"Green and blue, favorite food? Mines cheesecake." 

"Apple pie, favorite book, mines Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"

"To Kill a Mockingbird but Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has always been a close second. Do you plan to get married? Personally, I would love to get married."

"Yes, I just waiting for the right person, are you seeing someone? I am not?"

"Nope, you want kids? I do."

"Yep, most embarrassing moment? Mine would be calling one of my teachers mom."

She giggles and says" Nice, mine would be the time I was at the ocean and my bikini came untied. I flashed a lot of people that day." We both started laughing and left, but not before argueing over who was paying the bill. Apparently she doesn't like people buying her thing, but I won so it doesn't matter any more. I dropped her off at her house and went home. As soon as I got there I called a meeting in the living room. 

When everyone was there I started talking" If you have heard of Scarlet then you know we owe her greatly. Around 8 she called me saying a black van has been fallowing her. I believe it is Kan and his men trying to get us through Scarlet. I picked her up and took her home, now I want a group of you to be watching her at all times. She does not know of this and it is to stay that way. Now Go!" They left and I went to bed thinking of Scarlet.