Chapter 15: Of Shadows And Sins.

Start from the beginning

She almost fell on him, her hand putting some space between them. His claim on her neck was tingled wildly, her wolf begging for more skin to skin contact. She bit her lip, face flush and bent down, embarrassed, trying to fight her wolf and her thoughts and he growled huskily, his thumb freeing her lip from the grip of my teeth. Her body shuddered with pleasure, his smell intoxicating her, her body humming with the familiar rushes of electricity.

His fingers tilted her face up, her heart racing. His fingers lazily brushed the hair on her face behind her ear, another shiver ran down her spine, legs starting to give up. "I'm sorry about what happened Fiammella" his voice was a bit deeper, husky and more intense her body shuddered at his husky voice, her face worked up with heat, barely listening.

"I caught him. I kept my promise" she closed her eyes composing herself, gathering all her courage and pulled away from him, tears falling again. What could be worse, her aunts death or her uncles crime? Her throat felt constricted, tears falling again. "Please...." her voice was barely coming out, almost as if it was forced out.

She didn't know what to stay. Her heart was breaking it was too much for her to handle. "I need to spend sometime alone" he clenched his jaw in anger, angry about what all he did. "If you say so my queen,"

•Esmèralda's pov

The walk back to the royal chambers from the healing chambers was silent, I chose a path were no one would cross me. I couldn't answer any questions I wasn't even sure what was happening anymore.... It's just how the moon wanted it to be, the men writing the fate of the women. I peeled off the loose piece of cloth which covered my body with utmost difficulty which I was wearing, everything pooling near my legs.

The room was filled with dried roses and leftover candles. The bed wasn't touched either, I could still catch a hint of our scent on it. I looked at myself in the mirror; the wounds breaking my heart, tears falling out of my eyes. My neck was all purple and black, finger marks clearly visible. My knees bent and I fell on the ground, hands hurrying into my face, body shivering, one sentence rushing through my mind. He killed her.

He killed my sweet sweet aunt who looked after me like my mother. An angry sob left my lips as I screamed crying, my throaty hurting. My reflection taunted me, the large mirror in my chambers forcing me to look at myself. "Look at what we have here" I heard a drunk slurring voice push me back to reality harshly. My hands instinctively rushed to my chest, trying to cover my dignity. Her movements were slow, unsteady, almost hitting anything coming in her way.

"Da-Danielle?" My voice was small, eyes peeking from the curtain of hair covering my face. I only heard laughter. She moved closer to the candles, then I saw her fully for the first time after ages. Her hair were all over her face, as if they weren't brushed for months. Her eyes were bloodshot red and puffy, dirt smeared over her face with dry tears. She reeked of alcohol and something rotten, it just made me gag. "Danielle what happened to you?" I asked, my fingers slipping on my chemise.

She gave a pained smile, her bloodshot eyes staring at me. Putting the bottle to her lips, she stared my body head to toe, her eyes lingering on my swollen lips. Her eyes struck on my love stained neck for a while, bottle raising again to her lips. My head was bending down, trying to cover my body with a shawl, my face flushing looking at my own reflection. She came closer to me, sniffing as if to make sure about something.

Her tense face tore up into a smile and she threw her head back laughing, clapping her hands. "You didn't mate" it wasn't a question, she was throwing that sentence at me. "Well, if only I knew how it's done, no one would tell me!" She simply stared at me. "Are you kidding me?" her voice was smooth, the alcohol speaking. "You're fucking idiot" her feet staggered and I held her only to be pushed away harshly. "Danielle!" My voice came out rushed and angry trying to control my rage. She flipped her hair, looking straight into my eyes. "You ask me who did this to me? You did did" "what?" Is she crazy? I haven't even met her properly.