Chapter 43

- PERRIE-

The next morning Lucas had to leave quite early. At nine he woke me up with a kiss on the forhead and told me he had to get back to Middlesbrough.

"Don't leave me here all alone." I whined.

"Babe, I have to... Sorry." he said, but with a smile.

"See you."

"Yeah. Bye." He gave me a kiss before he left and I went back to sleep.

A few hours later I wake up from my deep sleep. I realize I've got to go to wrok in a few hours, so I eat breakfast and take a shower. Afterwards I try to snap some good selfies to post on my Instagram. It has been dead for the last month, so I feel like I need to update. When I finally fell confident enough about one I edit it a bit and then I post it.

During the first 10 minutes I get some likes and a comment from Jade. She writes babe with one kiss-emoji and one with sparkles. I feel flattered, but... I'm not sure how to react. I feel my stomach bubbling with joy. That's what always happens with Jade. I decide to put my phone down as I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I pick it up afterwards I've got a new comment. I see that it is from Lucas, and he writes wow, hello gorgeous with a heart eye-emoji. Oddly enough, I don't get that bubbly feeling in my stomach when I read his comment.

-

"Good shift Peirre, I can close the café tonight." Farrah says.

"Oh, are you sure? I've got time to help you." I respond as I count the money in the cash register.

"Don't you have something better to do? You're a young girl, you should... party or something." she laughs. I smile. Farrah has always been the one to joke around.

"Yeah, I'm not really that much into parties. Sometimes it's fun though."

"I know that, Perrie." she says as she approaches me from the other side of the room. "You know, I met my husband at a party here in town. Well, not exactly a party, more of a night club." she giggles. "That was a wild life." She shakes her head as she remembers her younger days.

From out of nowhere, Jade's face pops up in my head. What? Then I remember the "bet" I did with Alex, Johanna and Emily so many months ago. That's right, I met Jade at a party as well.

"Actually, I met my best friend at a party as well." I tell Farrah. I didn't think twice about my words, and suddenly the words 'best friend' are out of my mouth. After thinking about it, Jade is my best friend. She's the person I'm closest to in this town.

"Oh! Please tell me more!" Farrah says excitedly. She sits down on one of the chairs by the table closest to the desk.

"Well..." I begin. I'm done counting money, so I sit down on the chair beside her instead. "So, it's actually a weird story." I giggle, and then I start telling her how me and Jade met. Without planning it, I also start telling her about everything else. And I mean everything else. Like, what happened in the bedroom at the party, our kisses, the night at that song-witer's office, and also I tell Farrah about Lucas. I can't help it. The words just come and I can't stop them.

During my story-time, Farrah nods and makes some weird facial expressions. It's not until I'm done with my story 15 minutes later that she speaks.

"Wow, Perrie..." she says as she lets out a sigh. "That's really a story."

"I'm so sorry, Farrah. I didn't mean to pour my entire life story out for you." I excuse myself and get back up on my feet. I start to organize th chairs for the morning tomorrow when we'll open up again.

"No, don't excuse yourself Perrie. It was interesting." she smiles. "It was just a lot to take in. Almost as if it was fiction."

"Well, you might be right about that." I've actually thought about that before. I really am in the middle of a love triangle just like in the movies. I am with Lucas but I know that Jade has feelings for me. Or, does she even have them anymore?

"I just don't know what to do..." I sigh.

"I think you need to talk to Jade." Farrah says.

"Why do I have to talk?" I ask. I feel so sick of talking and talking all the time. Why can't problems just solve themselves?

"You have to, Perrie! Otherwise you won't get any answers. If you don't know where Jade stands in this situation of yours, how will you then be able to relax? You need to know how she feels or this won't get any solution." Farrah tells me. She's so wise. Why does she have to be both wise and right...?

"I guess you're right, Farrah. I'll talk to her tomorrow when I've figured stuff out."

"You're not sure what you want?"

"No?" I answer, like it's obvious.

"I think you do. You just need to listen carefully to yourself." she tells me, and then disappears into the room with all the dishes.

I arrange the chairs and then get ready to leave. I don't think I can handle any more of Farrah's wisdoms. One a day should be the legal amount to hear.

"Bye Farrah! See you!" I shout as I open the door.

"Bye!" I hear from the dish-washing-room. I walk out on the street and breathes in the hot summer air. There aren't much traffic at this time on sundays. I walk to the small parking lot on the other side of the street and get into my car. As I begin my 10 minute drive home I start to think about Farrah's words about Jade.

What did she mean she thinks I know what I should do? I have no idea! How can she know when I told her the entire story less than half an hour ago. Maybe I'll understand her words tomorrow morning when I'm not tired from a long and stressful day at work. It's a quarter to eleven at night, and I just want to get home and go to bed.