Chapter 41

- PERRIE -

The music is loud and it makes me think of everything but my problems with Jade and my fight with Alex. If you could call it a fight.

I'm dancing with strangers and I don't care about anything right now. I think I've drunk a little too much, because I'm feeling a bit dizzy. Though, I won't let that stop me. I want to dance, so I will dance.

People are singing along to the song. I don't recognize it, but I like the beat. I feel young and free, like I have no responsibilites. It feels great, and I would like for life to feel just like this.

- JADE -

I'm sitting on the couch with a drink in my hand and looking at Perrie dancing. I should be angry, but the longer I observe her crazy dance moves I feel more and more like I just can't. The way she looks so young and free, like she has no responsibilites makes me forgive her for "lying" to my face an hour ago.

I'm not sure if the reason Perrie decided to deny the truth is because of my reputation. Maybe she doesn't want the same one. I get that, but at the same time I was hoping that she had gained confidence since her move from her mother's house, for example.

I decide to ignore the fact that Perrie probably is a bit worried about her reputation if she is around me in public. I get myself through the crowd dancing and starts to move beside her. Just like the last party we were at, where we met, I put my hands on her hips. She doesn't move them. I get closer to her, lean in and hold my mouth only centimeters from her ear.

"I'm sorry, Pez." I tell her. I think it's what she wants to hear, and honestly, I just want us to be on good terms again. The week without Perrie has been so empty and boring, and I just want to hang out with her every day from now on.

"It's okay!" Perrie shouts to me over the music. She looks at me with bright eyes and a big smile. She leans in for a hug, and we hug close. It's amazing to feel Perrie's warmth and touch again, even if it isn't a romantic gesture.

- PERRIE -

I wake up with a headache. My bedroom is bright from sunlight and I rub my eyes. I check my phone, 11.34. I walk into the kitchen to drink a glass of water and take an aspirin. I think back to last night. It started out pretty bad, but I had a lot of fun with Jade in the end. Jade... It feels good to be friends with her again. When we were fighting there was like an empty hole inside of me, but now it's filled.

I'm friends with Jade, but Alex... I don't know about her. It didn't feel right to let Alex tell me what to do and and who to meet. The fact that she practically told me I'm a lone-wolf makes me annoyed as hell. She has no right to do that. Therefore, I won't bother talking to her anymore. I know we've had some great moments and always will have our memories, and that is enough.

My phone beeps. I've got a message from Jade.

Wanna hang out? ;) xx

I reflect for a moment, but then I decide to tell her I don't want to. My head really aches, and I would like some time alone today. And, since Jade and I got back to being friends only yesterday we might as well take it a bit slow. Just like a new beginning.

I tell her I'd rather just relax alone because of my hangover, and then I grab an apple from the fridge. I walk into the living room and lie down on the couch. I try to find a good show to watch, and end up watching the Bachelor. It's a shitty program, really, but there's nothing else I'd rather watch.

My phone beeps again, but this time it shows Lucas' name on the screen. Just like Jade, he wonders if I'd like to meet today. I would like that, but at the same time I know it would be a double-standard if I'd let Lucas stop by. So... I text him back that I'd rather be alone today.

After I've answered him I put my phone down. I eat my apple and watch some episodes of the Bachelor, then the Ellen Show, and eventually I feel my eyelids getting heavy. I decide to let myself fall into sleep while the TV is still on.

-

I wake up later in the afternoon. I haven't eaten anything but my apple this morning, so I decide to make myself a sandwich. In the middle of eating it while watching TV, the door bell rings. With a sigh I stand up and walks to the door. I have no energy to fix my hair nor change into something more appropriate than an oversized T-shirt and knickers. When I open the door I see a well-known face: Lucas's.

"Hey babe!" he smiles at me. In his hands he has a small flower bouquet that he gives to me. I happily accept it and smile big back at him.

"Hi Lucas, I... What a surprise!" I hug him tightly, and then we meet in a kiss.

"A good one, right?" he asks me, just to be sure, after the kiss.

"Yeah, a great one." I smile. Then I move so he can walk inside. "So, what brought you here?" I ask Lucas when I've closed the door.

"You, obviously." he giggles. "I though I'd surprise you since I figured you had a hangover."

"I thought you had to work?"

"I finished early."

"But I told you I wanted to be alone?" I pronounce it like a question because I want him to respond.

"But I missed you."

"Okay." I say.

"Perrie, it sounds like you don't want me here..." he starts. "Is that the case?"

"No!" I hurry. "It's not! But it's just... I don't know. Nothing, I guess."

"Are you sure...?" He asks suspiciously.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I smile so he knows he doesn't have to worry.

"Then, I know what I'd like to do..." he smirks. I know what he's thinking.

"Yeah? I could figure that out." I smile back. He walks over to me and puts his hands on my waist. I put my hands around his neck, and I play with the hair on his neck. I look up at him and into his eyes, and he looks into mine.

"I missed this." he says.

"Me too." I say as I look straigh into his eyes. Our lips meet in soft and slow kisses. Slowly, they get more intense. Lucas moves his hands under my T-shirt and up my back as he pulls me closer to him. I back up against the wall, and Lucas lifts me up. I jump up and put my legs around his waist. In a second he has taken his shirt of, and he lifts mine over my head as well. I hear my own deep breaths as I start to feel more turned on. Lucas' six-pack is so hot, and the way he touches my body and grabs my waist makes me feel alive. Almost like when Jade and I had-

No Perrie! I can NOT think about Jade. It will destroy everything! I'm with Lucas, so why do I start to think about Jade? Come on Perrie, you can focus.

I try to push the thought of Jade's touch away from my brain to focus on Lucas. He's now carrying me into my bedroom. He lays me down on the bed. Then, he pulls his denim shorts down and leans over me.

"Your turn." he smirks. I raise an eyebrow, and then I reach for the clasp on the bra. I unbind the bra and throws it on the floor.

"Your turn." I tell Lucas, just like he said to me. He pulls his boxers down, and then reacches for my panties.

"Gorgeous as always." he compliments me, gives me a quick kiss and then reaches for a condom in the pocket of his jeans.

He puts it on and then leans over me. His hands are all over my body, spreading warmth on every spot he touches. It feels so good, but at the same time the thought of Jade has a hard time leaving my thoughts.