Chapter 37

- PERRIE -

"Perrie, wake up!" I wake up to Jesy's face right in front of mine, and I shriek.

"Jesy! Don't do that again, seriously..." I sigh afterwards. 

"But it's fun." she giggles, and then she walks away. I sit up to stretch my back. As I glance around the room I find Jesy and Jade getting dressed and Leigh-Anne attempting to comb her curly hair.

I my blouse and jeans from last night and put them on. I really want to go back to Jade's apartment to shower and fix my hair.

When I look at the others my eyes meet Jade's. When she smiles at me, I slowly realize what actually happened last night. Inside, I start to panic, but on the outside I remain calm.

What the hell happened last night?! Pictures in my head of Jade in only her underwear and the taste of her lips remind me of what went down. We actually had sex. We really did have sex! Oh my gosh.

I quickly put all my clothes on and then I walk into the tiny toilet that's attached to Dave's office. I need to be alone and think. When I've locked the door behind me I exhale again.

What does this mean? What am I going to do now? I've tried to act normal, like friends, but I assume that will be impossible now. Jade will probably want to talk about this with me, but I do not feel like doing that. I need to figure out what to do.

Since I'm already in a toilet, I decide to have a quick pee before heading out to the main room again.

"Finally." Jesy says and walks out the door.

"You're coming home as well, right?" Leigh asks, and waits for me to answer. I nod and follow her out of the room.

"Aren't you coming Jade?" Leigh asks Jade.

"Nah, I'll stay here for a while." she simply answers, no sign of any emotions at all. Maybe that's good? That might mean she doesn't think about last night as something special? Or am I only trying to find possible reasons for not having to think about it anymore?

-

"Wow... Lucas has sent like, 20 messages." I say as Leigh starts the car. Last night I didn't realize I didn't check my phone once, but I had such a good time with my favorite girls.

"Really?" Leigh-Anne asks as she raises her eyebrows. My eyes meet hers in the rearview mirror.

"Yeah. I'm gonna call him." I say, and I do. He picks up after a few signals.

"Hi." he says. He continues before I get a chance to say hello. "Why haven't you answered?"

"I was with the girls last night. My mind was at another place." I say. It sure was, and it seems like Jesy is thinking of the same thing as me when she looks at me from the front seat.

Did Jade tell her about what happened? I guess she did. Ughhh. And now I'll have to lie to Lucas as well. There's no way I will tell him that I accidentally had se with my room mate who he knows have a big crush on me. No way.

"Oh, okay. I was just going to ask you about your move. Do you still want help?" he asks, and I'm happy he changes the subject.

"Oh yes! Yeah, I'd like some help. Maybe you have time to come down here tomorrow? I don't feel very well today..." I say.

He laughs a little, and then he asks if I had something to drink.

"Yeah... Kind of." I laugh, and then we say good bye. By the time we hang up we have arrived at Jade's apartment again, and the three of us hop out of the car.

Since I step out on the same side as Jesy, I grab her arm and whisper in her ear:

"Do you know about... you know?" I'm refering to me and Jade, and I hope she gets it.

"Yeah. We understood since Jade locked us out." she giggles.

"What?"

"Yeah, you know after Leigh started to cry after Dave left? Also, we heard you through the walls."
she explains. I feel my cheeks getting hot. I can't believe they heard us. It's so embarrassing! Not only have I mixed feelings about what happened, but Leigh and Jesy heard us.

"Don't worry Pez, it's no big deal that Leigh and I know. We won't tell anyone."

"Thanks." I say in relief.

-

It's evening and Jesy and I are watching a movie. About an hour ago Leigh went out grocery shopping, so when we hear the door open and close and a person taking their jacket off in the hallway, we both assumed it was Leigh.

"There's still some popcorn left!" I shout. I get no answer, but seconds later Jade's face appears in the doorway.

"Jade!" Jesy exclaims and runs over to hug her. I paus the movie and direct my attention to the girls.

"Calm down Jesy, we met earlier today." Jade laughs.

"I know Jade, but before that we hadn't seen each other in days." When they have hugged Jade gives Jesy a glance and Jesy says she has to go to the bathroom. She leaves, and Jade and I are alone.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey." she smiles. She approaches me and sits down where Jesy sat seconds ago. "So what movie are you wathcing?"

"Pretty Woman. For like, the 100th time."

"Cool." she nods and adjusts her sitting position. "Can I take some?" She points at the bowl of popcorn on the coffe table. I nod, and she grabs a handful of popcorn and starts to eat.

"So, I was thinking, since you're moving... Do you need any help? I could help you get all your stuff there and... yeah." she suggests.

"I'm sorry Jade..." I sigh. I feel bad for already promising Lucas we're going to do that tomorrow. "Lucas and I will fix everything tomorrow."

"Oh..." I can see Jades facial expression changing to... pissed off?

"I'm sorry." I try to comfort her.

"It's okay." she snaps. She stands up and are on her way to the kitchen.

"Hey, Jade?" I call after her. "Wait!" I stand up and follow her. We're standing in the door frame and just looking at each other. Jade is waiting for me to say something, but I am waiting for her to make a move. After a few seconds Jade walks away and over to the fridge. She takes and apple and takes a big bite on it. After chewing, she asks with a very thoughtful expression:

"Did it even mean anything that we had sex?"