Chapter 29

- PERRIE -

"As you have been able to see, this apartment is recently renovated and is very bright and fresh." the estate agent says.

"Yeah, we've seen it. I would just like to think about it for a moment, okay?" I answer him, even though he didn't actually ask me a question.

"Absolutely, miss." he says, smiles, and walks away as the skilled estate agent he is.

"What do you think?" Lucas asks me when we're alone.

"I think it's really nice, and I think I want it."

"That's great! I think it's very nice as well." Lucas smiles. "And if I come visit you more often we won't have to feel cramped." he adds, smirking.

"You think like that..." I smirk back, though, I'm really faking it.

Lucas' sentence is stuck in my head now. What if him and I really become a couple? Will I feel comfortable with that, knowing that Jade clearly has told me that she has feelings for me? I'm very confused about them, so I haven't talked to her about them at all. Maybe I should get used to them by now, because it's been a while since she told me about them. Am I overreacting with this entire situation?

As usual none of my questions have answers, so I will have to continue to wonder.

"Perrie?" I hear Lucas' voice somwhere far away. "Perrie, do you even listen?"

"Wha-, what?" I ask confused.

"I just asked you if you're going to talk to the estate agent now that you've decided you're interested?" Lucas asks me.

"Yeah, sure. I'll do that right now." I say, and I walk over to the estate agent to tell him I want the apartment. I really think that I could feel like home here, so I hope this will be my place as soon as possible.

- JADE -

"I want you to tell me where we're going, Jes!" I protest. We get out of the bus and start to walk on the small street.

"I want it to be a surprise for you! I've already told you that." she says stubbornly.

"Sure..." I sigh. "It better be good then."

After about 10 minutes we end up at a café, a very nice one. I think I've been at this place once before, but it must've been a long time ago.

"We're here!" Jesy says happily. "We just have to find our table." she continues as she searches the place for "our" table.

"Jes, there's a table ri-" I begin, but I'm cut off  by Jesy waving at me.

"Come  here!" she walks over to a table to the left, and I follow her. As she sits down, I see that there's already someone sitting there. As I get closer to the table, I hear a very familiar voice.

"And do you know what, Jes?" it says. I would recognize it anywhere, because it just screams "LEIGH!" to me.

"Leigh-Anne?" I ask the girl sitting with her back faced to me. As she turns her head, my guess is answered. It's her.

"Jade!" she says with a big smile on her lips. "It's so nice to finally meet you! After all these years..." she says as she stands up. I lean in for a hug, and it almost feels surreal to see Leigh again.

"How... What... Why are you here?" I ask her very confused.

"Jesy invited me to live at your place for a while, and since I haven't met her for like two months and I haven't met you in forever, I thought: why not?" she smiles and sits down again. She makes room for me to sit beside her, and I do.

"Jesy, you know we're already three people living in my tiny apartment, right?" I ask her, because I think it was a misbegotten choice of her to invite Leigh to stay over.

"Oh, it's okay if I can't live with you guys. I can just get a hotel room or something." Leigh offers.

"No, no, no!" Jesy protests. "You have to live with us, that's the whole point of this! It will be so much fun."

"But Jesy, it's both you, me and Perrie living there?" I ask more than state.

"We could be four in there. It's not a problem." Jesy says. "Leigh can sleep with me, right?" she asks and turns to Leigh-Anne.

"Of course! It will be like all of our sleepovers..." she says and both her and Jesy begin to laugh. I don't, because I don't understand the joke. Though, I do feel happy about spending time with Leigh, because I know we will have a lot of fun together.

-

"Yes! I totally remember that!" I laugh as Jesy, Leigh and I enter the apartment. We all take our jackets off to sit down on the couch (that isn't Perrie's bed) in the living room.

"Who's sleeping here?" Leigh asks and points to the couch.

"Perrie." I answer. "She's a friend of mine."

"Ooh... I thought she was your girlfriend...?" she asks more than states.

"I told you she's my friend." I repeat.

"Yeah, I know. I just thought that was, like, a cover for her being your girlfriend."

"Well, it wasn't." I say, and then I walk out of the living room. The happy mood I was in is suddenly gone.

I walk into my bedroom and close the door. I'm not angry at Leigh for assuming Perrie is my girlfriend, I'm just angry because Perrie isn't. I don't know how I'm supposed to get her to see that we should be together. It doesn't really get easier with her going out with Lucas today. Lucas... What a prick. He looked so insecure when he knocked on the door, even though his clothes told me he's a confident guy. Maybe they're just a cover to protect him from looking like a loser. Yeah, that's what he is; a loser. He's a loser, because in the end, he won't be the one going on dates with Perrie.

I will.