Chapter 24

- PERRIE -

I love this feeling.

Lucas' body is giving me warmth, and I feel so good inside. He has put his arm around me by now. The movie is almost finished, which I don't want. I want to stay here forever, because I've got such a positive feeling. We haven't really spoke much during the movie, but somehow the silence is calming. It's been like that all day today.

Though, it's pretty late and my shift starts by lunch tomorrow. I'll have to drive the almost-an-hour long drive home too.

When the credits start rolling on the screen, I feel Lucas moving.

"Do you want to watch another?" he asks.

I can't help but smile at his offer, because I really want to. But, to not get stuck here all night I'll probably have to go home.

"I'd really like to, but..." I begin my sentence. "...I think I really have to go. I've got work tomorrow, you know."

He sighs. "Yeah, that's true."

"I'll go change clothes. I'll be back in a minute." I say as I walk out of the living room and towards Lucas' bedroom. I sigh as I close the door, not wanting this day to end.

-

We get to my car in downtown Middlesbrough by midnight. It's dark, but the street lights give us enough light. I pack my bags in my car and closing it. It's time for the good bye.

I lean in for a hug, and Lucas does the same. When we let go, I shyly ask him if he wants to meet me again.

"Absolutely." he answers. Thank god. Then I must've done something right.

"Good." I smile at him as I look him in the eyes. I don't know where to go from here. Shall I get into my car now? Probably.

Just as I turn around to enter the car, Lucas grabs my arm. I turn to look at him, but before I get the chance to ask him what he wants, he leans in to my face. He stops before our noses touch. My breathing increases as I realise what is about to happen. Oh my god.

In the matter of a second, the space between our lips are gone. His lips are soft and warm, and they taste like pizza and candy. I like the taste.

Our lips start to move in sync the longer we kiss. It feels like the kiss is going on for forever, but when Lucas pulls away, it feels like it only lasted a second.

I'm in lack of words when we look each other in the eyes. Lucas looks worried, and I wonder why. This was amazing, and I feel warm all over my body.

"So?" he asks. I think he's waiting for my response to this. I don't know what to say. I'm speechless.

"Wow..." I whisper, and then leans in to him again. This time, I'm ready for the kiss, and our lips start to move in sync from the beginning.

Lucas wraps his arms around my waist, pulling us closer to each other. I put my hands around his neck, feeling the newly cut hair with my fingers.

This feeling is exactly what I've been chasing for years. This is what I've wanted to feel for so long, and it's finally happening. Maybe Lucas and I could be together someday. Maybe we could become something great, and what if he is the one I'll spend my future with.

Okay Perrie, stop thinking ahead.

I pull away to take a breath, realising that I should get going.