Epilogue

Astrid's POV

(1 year later)

I let out the breath I was holding while standing in front of the mirror. Who would have thought that I would be here in a year's time. The sounds of the ocean could be heard not far away from the tent I was in.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror. The double-face white satin gown that I wore was a perfect fit. The shoulder straps supported a sliver of a cape which hung gracefully at my sides. I wore a silver coronet with a blue round sapphire in the middle, with my hair done up in an intricate bun, while sapphire earrings finished off the ensemble.

"Astrid, it's time." Came from Ruffnut who was standing outside the tent. "You're not getting cold feet are you?"

"No Thor No!" I nearly yell. "I was just wondering where the time went. One day you're busy trying to stop the world from being enslaved and the next you're marrying the man you fell in love with." I tell Ruffnut coming to stand near the entrance of the tent.

"Don't I know it." Ruffnut giggled. "It took me months to wear Snotlout down."

"You were rather persistent." I laugh remembering the time Ruffnut chased Snotlout up the tree. I let out another breath. "Let's do this."

The music starts and I peek out the tent to check when it's my time to appear. First come Toothless and Stormfly who scattered pale pink rose petals down the aisle, followed by Soren, who was now eight and a half, carrying the rings. Then came the bridesmaids. Ruffnut was being escorted by Snotlout while Heather was being led by Fishlegs, who had become her official boyfriend ten months ago. They took their places on opposite sides of the altar where Gobber was presiding over the wedding.

The wedding march began and I stepped out onto the aisle. With the pale pink bouquet in hand I slowly walked towards Hiccup who was dressed in his finest.

I saw all of our friends there. Even some of the dragons turned up to watch. I saw Stoick who was trying not to cry as Tuffnut and Chicken held out a tissue box for him, Dagur, Eret with Wodensfang perched on his shoulder, and Furious who was for the most part still pink. Apparently the twins added something to the dye that made it hard to wash out of dragon scales. Thuggory and a very pregnant Cami were also present as well as Silvy and Mai and Ami along with most of the villagers.

Reaching the altar I smile at Hiccup and Gobber begins the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved humans and dragons, we are gathered here today........."

The ceremony went off without any trouble and when I heard Gobber say "You may now kiss........."

Before Gobber could finish I had grabbed Hiccup and dipped him while kissing him passionately. Cheers erupted from the audience. Hiccup and I motioned for Soren to join us as we made our way down the aisle to where our dragons were waiting to take us to the reception.

"Ladies, gentleman, and dragons." Gobber announced when we reached the end. "May I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Haddock, the King and Queen of the Wilderwest!!"

I felt a tug on my gown and look down to Soren. "Are you going to toss the bouquet? I heard that whomever catches it is the next to get married."

I nod to Soren and gesture to Ruffnut and Heather to get everything ready for the toss. Turning my back to the audience I throw the bouquet backwards. It was then that I heard shouts of surprise. Turning around I saw that Dagur, who was now blushing, had caught the bouquet.

Waving once more we mount the dragons who with cheerful croons took to the sky. We flew next to each other and then I turned to Hiccup with a smile. "Some new members will be joining our family soon." I say and watch Hiccup whip his head so fast in my direction. Toothless lets out a dragonic chuckle at that.

"No not me." I tell him smiling. "We'll have enough time on our honeymoon." I then whisper in his ear smiling as I could still make him blush.

"I meant that Stormfly is going to lay some eggs soon." I tell them. "And Toothless is the father."

This news caused Toothless to stop beating his wings for a couple of seconds causing Hiccup and him to start falling. Toothless having snapped out of it flew back beside Stormfly and I while warbling at the Nadder who was just giving him a smug look.

Soren couldn't hold it in anymore and started laughing. He then turned to us. "Mom, Dad, race you to the reception!!" and the boy blasted off showing off some of Sleuther's sky tricks.

"Well what are we waiting for Hiccup." I happily say and we both urge Stormfly and Toothless to catch up to Soren.

----The End-----  

  AN: Hello everybody! Hope you all enjoyed the story :) I have a little bit of exciting news. RedLegoManiac and I are holding a challenge to see which of us can write a better oneshot. The theme this time is Gambling and you all can read our stories this weekend. RedHawkdude is our official judge but we would also like to hear from all our lovely readers. So get ready for this weekend. (We'll be opening a poll on our fanfiction.net profiles where you can vote) XD