Chapter 40

Astrid's POV

It was indeed a sight to see as the sky around the palace was filled with a multitude of dragons and their riders.

"Are those?" I asked as an overeager green Gronckle zoomed passed with Dagur on top clutching for dear life. "Shattermaster slow down!!!" Dagur yelled as his Gronckle zoomed around.

"I made some calls from the transport the trappers send to pick up the dragons." Hiccup said waving to the riders to land. "It took some explaining on how to bond with a dragon."

The dragons landed on the rafters and the giant tree roots, surrounding Alexi and her men. I could see Dagur, Heather, Stoick and Gobber. As well as Thuggory and Cami and Silvy and her village warriors.

The dragons were as diverse as the people who came to our aid. Fishlegs was salivating at all the different dragons together. I even noticed that Wodensfang had tagged along on Stoick's shoulder.

"Tell your men to surrender." Hiccup said as some of the men were already lowering their weapons and backing away.

The dragons were growling at their foes when Alexi started laughing. "Why thank you for bringing me more subjects." She said. "You must know that once I'm crowned that the dragons will obey me."

"You're going to need an actual crown to do that." Hiccup said as he held up the circlet.

Alexi upon seeing the crown in Hiccup's hand looked to her side where it was missing.

"How...What...When?!" Alexi screeched.

"Way to go dad!!" Soren chirped and then added jokingly. "Looks like I'm not the only one with sticky fingers."

"Hiccup when did you?" I asked perplexed.

"Oh, Hiccup's had it ever since he got her to lean in." Soren supplied.

"This crown brought us enough trouble." Hiccup said and then nodded to Toothless who jumped a few paces back.

"What are you doing?!" Alexi yelled.

"What I should have done in the first place." Hiccup said.

"Wait wait wait!!" Alexi now screamed. "I can give you anything you want!!"

Hiccup now turned towards my sister. "Don't you get it? I already have everything I want." With that Hiccup flung the crown in the air. "Do it bud!"

Toothless charged a plasma blast and shot the crown turning it to ashes. Alexi stood frozen on the spot. All of her ambitions turned to dust.

Enraged Alexi charged at Hiccup while Hiccup avoided the punches.

"Now is not the time for chivalry Hiccup!!" Both Heather and Cami shouted at the same time.

"I'm really not the type of guy who would hit a woman." Hiccup muttered dodging more punches.

"Then allow me." I say, throwing a punch of my own at Alexi. It hit her straight in the eye sending her backwards.

"Way to go mom!!" Soren yelled now and started clapping.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while." I mutter.

The others help round up the men and restrain them. I heard from both Dagur and Stoick that the Hysteric and Berkian navy was waiting outside the fogbank.

After tossing Alexi into a cage beside Drago who was still glowering I turned to Hiccup. "You mister got some explaining to do." I say and jab him in the stomach. "Why didn't Alexi's drug work on you?"