Chapter 28

Astrid's POV

I grumbled as I, and the rest of the gang were hiding in the shrubs. Twigs were stuck in my hair as camouflage. "Hiccup are you sure about this?" I ask while looking to my left. Hiccup had a pair of binoculars trained on the log cabin in the woods not far from the capital.

"The information the underground provide is fairly accurate. They said that a team led by two brothers were behind the kidnapping. So many people need to eat and they managed to trace it to this location." Hiccup stated while handing me the binoculars.

"And why did we have to leave our dragons behind?" Snotlout whined a bit. "The jeep was a killer on my backside."

"Quit complaining Snotlout." Hiccup whispered. "This forest is too dense for our dragons to fly through."

"So what's the plan?" The twins asked in sync.

"Soren you stay with the jeep." Hiccup said as he looked at the young boy. "The twins and Snotlout will cover the back, while Astrid, Fishlegs, and I will take the front."

The sudden crashing noise from the cabin had all of us looking up. The two brothers had just returned and we could hear cursing and sounds of fighting going on in the cabin.

"Something's wrong." Hiccup said as a window was broken. "We move now!! Get Cami and get out!!" Hiccup yelled as we separated.

Hiccup kicked in the front door only to see the signs of a struggle and three men sobbing on the floor.

"What happened here?" I ask as I heard one of the men muttering "I'm sorry mommy. I didn't mean to let you down."

The other two were in similar states and I saw Hiccup roll his eyes. "Camicaze strikes again." Was all Hiccup said as he dashed through the house towards the back door where we heard another crash.

The backdoor was open and I saw Snotlout and the twins picking themselves up from the ground.

"They surprised us." Snotlout groaned.

The sound of an engine could be heard and we dashed around the house to see the two ringleaders drive away with a bound, gagged, and struggling Camicaze.

"To the jee......" Before Fishlegs finished his sentence the jeep, driven by Soren, pulled up next to us.

"Are ya getting in or what!!" Soren yelled at us. We quickly scramble in the jeep and I take a seat behind the wheel. Soren quickly scoots over.

"Where did you learn how to drive?!" I ask Soren as we sped off after the other vehicle.

"I didn't!!" Soren yelled back as we sped through the forest. The other vehicle was getting closer. "Where the hell did you learn to drive!!" Soren yelled back as he clutched the armrest like a lifeline.

Hiccup cuffed Sorren behind the ears, telling him not to swear, and then asked me to get him as close as possible.

I stepped on the gas and soon we were almost neck-in-neck to the captors. Hiccup stood up from the and leapt into the open jeep where Camicaze lay bound.

"Ryker!! Get rid of him!!" The driver yelled as they swerved around a tree.

Ryker, a big brawny man climbed into the backseat while sending punches at Hiccup.

Hiccup while dodging the punches manages to throw a still bound and struggling Cami to Tuffnut who was ready and waiting. Ryker however didn't want to lose his hostage and managed to grab a hold of Cami's ankles.

"HMDKF" Cami yelled as she was now used in a tug of war between Tuffnut and Ryker.

"Viggo!! Do something to get rid of these pests!!" Ryker yelled at his brother. I saw Ryker hit Hiccup sending him over the back of the jeep.

"Hiccup!!" All of us shouted, and I was relieved to see Hiccup had managed to grab onto the back of the jeep and was pulling himself up again.

Hiccup slammed into Ryker, sending him staggering back. This gave Tuffnut the opportunity to pull Cami onboard.

I managed to get closer to the other jeep so that Hiccup could jump across.

Viggo swerved away slightly just as Hiccup got one foot across.

"SHIT!!" Hiccup yelled from behind me.

"Didn't you just reprimand Soren for cursing?" Snotlout asked rummaging about.

"Snotlout, I'm currently doing a split between two fast moving vehicles!!! I'll cuss how much I damn well want to!!" Hiccup shouted as he regained his balance, only to have to duck from Ryker's fist.

"Astrid, anytime now!!" Hiccup yelled while ducking and letting a low lying branch hit Ryker in the face.

I try to get closer again but there is a giant log preventing me.

"OOF" Hiccup lets out as I see one of the branches hit him.

We finally clear the log and Hiccup manages to jump back into the jeep.

"Dude......That was seriously wicked." Tuffnut exclaimed as he and Fishlegs help Hiccup. Meanwhile Ruffnut had freed Cami who said her thanks and then proceeded to whack Hiccup upside the head.

"What was that for!!" Hiccup shouted rubbing his head. The jeep was now a bit overcrowded and I quickly drove back in the city's direction.

"That was for the tug of war!!" Camicazi yelled and then smiled while proceeding to punch Hiccup in the shoulder. "And that was for taking so long!!"

"Glad to see you too Cami." Hiccup mumbled while rubbing the now sore places.