"Pig" I muttered.

"hey!" he yelled .

" Never said it was you. " I replied befor turning to Cedric .

"So Cedric what are you doing today ?" I asked the fifteen year old.

"Nothing much...........Just hanging out with some friend" he answered turning crimson.

Friend ? This was interesting .

"Oh ya what's her name ? The friend you're hanging out with." I asked giving him teasing looks.
Chris dropped his spoon and almost screamed.

"You're hanging out with a girl. I bet she couldn't resist the wood's charm !"

He ignored Chris and replied to my questions.

"Her names Julie"

"So where are you guys going ?"
"The Park. She's getting a picnic basket and stuff."

"Nice. Don't be an ass like your brother and she'll like you"

"Hey !" Chris exclaimed  while Cedric  just laughed.

"So Faith what are you doing today" Alex asked entering the kitchen.

"You're going to the teams place right ?" I asked.

Alen had just started playing basketball for the school team. And let me tell you he was an expert . 

"Well Faith I would love to hang out with you like old times but I have basket ball practice too." Chris said.

"I'd rather jump off a cliff than spend the day with you." I back answered.

Chris didn't answer back. An odd expression took our his face. Sadness ? Maybe.

"So what are you planning to do then?" Alex asked.

"I'll come with you to see your practice."

"Are you sure ?"

"Ya-Ya You don't need to worry about me."

I regretted my decision as soon as we reached the court.

I was met with a group of testosterone  filled boys. Sam and Cameron were a part  of it too. As soon as I stepped on the court I was bombarded with questions.

"Who are you ?"

"You're hot"

"Date me"

"Do you have a bandaid ? cause I just scraped my knee falling for you"

I turned to the guy who said the dumb pickup line.

"Seriously. That's the best you got ?"

"I'm Luke and you are ?" he said extending his hand.

"Your worst nightmare" 

Saying this I walked to the bleachers. A lot of "Ohhh's"  and "Woahh" and "burns" were heard, giving me a feeling of deja-vu .....

The boys divided them selves into two groups Sam, Cameron, Chris and Alex were in one group along with Luke and some other boys.
Halfway through I got bored with the game. It's not that I don't like basketbal, I play too but their game was really boring. Only Alex and Chris had made a few baskets. That's it.

"Hey Alex, I'm going back home. Catch a ride with Chris !" saying this I started walking to the car.
I was almost there when Luke called me.

"Hey ! You're going already ?" he asked

"Yup. You're game is pretty boring."

"I for one am offended." he said faking the anger.

"It's true ! Let me tell you your left side is really weak.

"Do you even play?"

"National level champion."

"Really ?"

"Ya. I can give you a few pointers if you would like."

"sure"

The game was still going on. I was giving luke's pointers.

"Just straighten your arm and bend a little towards your—" but I never got to complete the sentence cause I lost my balance and slipped.

Two strong arms encircled my waist and saved me from falling. I looked up and my eyes met Luke's gray ones.

"Easy there tiger" he said with a chuckle.

"Thanks. I'm Faith by the way. "

"Your welcome faith."

We were still in that position suddenly Luke started bending towards me when all of a sudden a basket ball came and hit Luke spot on his head and he dropped me on the ground. Ow my butt was sore .

"Ow !" he exclaimed rubbig his head .

"Get your head in the game !" Chris yelled from across the court.

"Ya and stay away from my little sister man !" Alex added.

I just rolled my eyes and walked to the car. Little sister , what by a month. He was older to me by a month. Him being a June born and me being a July born. I made a mental note to remind him of this.

Overprotective idiot .