Chapter 10

By the time we get there the music can be heard from a mile away. "Let's go back. I have a bad feeling." My whole body is shaking from the sight of so many guys in such close contact with me.

I enter into the house and the music is so loud, I can't hear what Alex is saying. I get used to the sound and its a little bit better. Slowly I get into the rhythm of things. "Want to dance." Alex shouts into my ear. I nod cause I knew he would not be able to hear me. We start moving in tune with the song. I just forget everything and swaying with the music and Alex. "I will be back soon." He walks off and i decide to go get a drink.

There is a bowl of punch and since I have never had alcohol, I choose to stick to punch. I have a sip and there is a burning sensation afterwards. I decide to drink the rest of the cup in one gulp and there is a buzzing in my head and I kind of like it. I take another cup and walk around drinking it. "Want to dance with me."I turn to find Tristan with his hand outstretched. I take his hand and he pulls me into a dance. We dance till the song is over with my head spinning. "You look beautiful."

I blush and turn to face him. "And you look hot. Well when aren't you looking hot. Tristan." I hold his bicep and it's rock hard. "Are you made of stone or what. Do you live at the gym." He looks at me stunned. "What do I have something on my face?" I start moving my hand around my face and he just starts laughing. He smells my drink. "You are drunk." I shake my head and he tries to pull me closer. I struggle out of his grip and start moving through the crowd. I lose him somewhere in between and rush to the kitchen.

I get in to find Stacy with her arms around Alex's shoulder and Alex's hands on her waist. I take a huge gulp of my drink and walk towards him. "Hey honey." I say as I pry Stacy's hands of him. She gives me a weird look. "What's the problem. You can't find yourself a guy so you are trying to snatch mine you little slut." I hear her sigh and stumps away. I turn and realise she is gone. Alex gives me a questioning look which I reply with a slap. "So you want to cheat on me right. Okay do it, this game we are playing is done." I let out a humorless laugh and turn to a bottle of whisky on the counter and pour it into my cup and and gulp it down in one try. "To think i was growing to like you. Like really like you its a great thing I didn't say it. But its not your fault you don't like me. I am just plain old me..."

"Its not what you think.." I put my finger on his lips and signal him to keep quiet. I take the whole bottle of whisky, Alex tries to pull it away but I keep my hold tight.

"I knew this was a game for you, I always did but this stupid heart got involved. But why didn't you tell me that you do like Trevor's sister, Stacy." He gives me a shocked look. "Oh you didn't know she is. So is that the Stacy you slept with.'' I take another sip of the alcohol, tears streaming down my cheek. "Let me call her, do you know she was a virgin. No, right. Now I get why Trevor beat me up. I was the reason why his sister lost the guy she lost her virginity to. It all makes sense. And there I was waltzing in to your arms. I am an idiot. Don't worry I don't judge you, really I don't and thanks for saving me from the bullying and breaking my heart instead. Let me leave now." I stumble to the door and look him in the eye. "This game of ours is through. Thanks for the dress i will wear it for a wedding with you in mind.''

I turn to walk out and find Tristan shocked. "So you heard it all, good cause I didn't want to say it twice." I take in another sip of the drink and walk out into the garden. Tears streaming down my cheeks and my heart breaking piece by piece.

"So you dating Alex was a game, you guys made just to save you from being bullied." I nod taking another seep of my new best friend. Tristan pulls it away from me and throws onto the ground and it shutters. I am about to protest when he puts his finger on my lips. He leads me towards the pool. I take off my pumps and just dip my feet in the pool. "April." I turn to face him, never has he looked so serious. "Never doubt you are beautiful from your natural strawberry blonde hair to your piercing green eyes and should I add hot body. You are gorgeous." His words make me smile and i just lay my head on his shoulder. "And i want you to know that I.. April... I really like you since the first day I saw you sitting beside those lockers. The moment those green eyes met mine I just couldn't stop myself."

I look at him in the eye. "Tristan I really think you are hot and I have to admit I had a little crush on you when we first met but I thought what chance do I have with you and then the Alex issue. Everything became way too much. I cannot say I like you too but I can't deny it. I like Alex but I want you to have a fair chance. Please ask me again tomorrow when I am sober and then will see. For now I will just enjoy your company. Thanks for following me by the way. Oh and in case i forget what happened to night let me take a picture of us." I pull out my phone and take  pictures of us and set a reminder about Stacy and Alex. "I hope i learn to like you too. Cause you seem like a great guy and hot too." I say jokingly and I could hear him laugh as well. One last tear escapes my eyes before they get too heavy to keep open. Goodbye Alex.