Chapter 21: Time To Study and Time To Confuse

I couldn’t believe what I had heard, Louis, a new teacher? I get he was very focused on making sure everyone was safe from vampires, but this was extreme. What if he got caught? Obviously there had to be some rumors from the school board about all this, the whole Jenny thing the same excuse as the previous killings. To think Harry was the one who caused all that, made me really question if he was dark or light, but I really didn’t have time to think about that right now. Did I have time to think about anything?

Thanksgiving was coming up soon, and I was pretty sure my parents were coming over, and waiting till christmas break to bring me back home. I wasn’t sure, but I sure as hell hoped. I’d like a break from all this madness, It was really getting too me. It didn’t really help that exams were next week. Was I prepared? No. Did I have anyone to study with? No.

“Hey Jenny, Do you want to study for exams?” I asked softly, trying to pry my eyes off Louis, well, Mr. Tomlinson, as we walked to our next class.

Nodding slightly, she smiled and stated, “Sounds lovely. How about we just skip class? It’s just going to be one of those introduction things with Mr. Tomlinson,”

I knew Louis would probably be quite mad at me for not showing up, but I didn’t really care. This would just show that I didn’t support the idea, right? I just didn’t think it was a good idea for him to be involved in the school so much. What if someone who knew about the truth caught him out? What if he was hurt?

I smiled at her, turning on my heels to walk back towards the library. I mostly listened to Jenny talk about the formal that was coming up. I wasn’t too concerned about it in all honesty. I just wanted to be alive till then. Though, something about the idea of death was strangely appealing. We finally walked into the library. It was rather quiet, as expected from a little after one in the afternoon. Jenny and I parted our separate ways with a simple ‘Let’s find study books’, planning to meet back once we had our supplies.

I walked slowly past the isles, trying to find the study methods section since I assumed Jenny would try and find the more important books. I was nearly halfway down the isle when I heard the slight creek of foot steps. I stopped in my place, toying with the necklace Harry had given me. It seemed to now be my nervous habit, playing with something that was his.

“No need to be nervous,” An all too low  familiar voice rang.

Turning around as quick as I possibly could, my body immediately crashing into his, due to how close he was. I’d never get used to the bittersweet cold of his skin, it so intoxicating yet frightening. I knew there was a heart beating in there, but it made no sound. His arms wrapped around my figure, chuckling as I looked almost stunned.

“It’s not funny… I’m all nervous now,” I admitted with a sigh, shaking my head. “What’re you doing here?”  I asked with a raised eyebrow.

His eyebrows furrowed slightly, his head ducking down to reach my shoulder. “Is it wrong I missed you?” He asked, kissing over my shoulder.

It would’ve been much more sweet if that simple gesture wasn’t so close to the part he loved to take advantage of. It would’ve been much more sweet if I knew he missed me, and not just my blood. I bit my lip, almost cringing as the teeth hit such dry skin. My lips were chapped from the harsh cold of the winter, in desperate need of some care.

“No… Of course it’s not wrong… I was just about to study with Jenny, That’s all… And you scared me.” I simply pointed out, shrugging lightly. I tried not to argue with him, knowing it would lead to his dark side, Which i most certainly didn’t favor.

“Oh… I’m sorry, love. Twas only trying to cherish you,” He mumbled, his sweetness catching me by surprise. His fingertips caressed my cheek, pulling strands of hair back behind my ear. His lips kissed over the red skin, red from the cold air outside.

I simply said the first thing that came to mind, “Is there something wrong?” I asked lightly.

I could see the frustration in his eyes, like he longed to tell me but he was afraid. My hands rubbed his back, pretty much trying to bribe him into telling me. When Harry was nervous, it seemed to make me nervous. That wasn’t help for either of us.

“Anna, I would prefer you keeping your nose out of this,” He said rather coldly, like a flipped switch.

I nodded slightly, my hands pulling away from him, but that didn’t stop him from grabbing my wrist.

“Harry, you’re…” I tried to mumble, but he just interrupted me.

“I’m hurting you, I know, very well. This is hopeless, can’t you see? Why don’t you just give up?  Why don’t you just say no to my commands? I’m a monster yet you still try to see the light in me! There is no light, It’s pure black!” Harry said, ripping his hand back so fast I stumbled backwards.

I was confused by all this. How could one so sweet and tender become something so hopelessly violent another second? It made me almost believe there really was no hope for Harry, That I was trying to play a game there was no winners too.

“Be ready tonight, I’m going to show you what I’m really like. What I try not to be for you. You’ll understand why Louis is trying to protect you,” He said, giving me no objections or time to question before he was far out of sight, but never far out of mind.