Chapter 16: Reunions and Hearts

The week passed quickly, many moments in contemplation. Zayn had offered that night, to escort me everywhere, just because he understood how afraid I was of Skyy. Skyy only bothered me during class, When Zayn couldn't help me. I was alright with that, It wasn't like Skyy could drag me out of the classroom in broad daylight. Though, Just seeing him was rather bothersome. He of course pestered me about Harry, Which of course I didn't even have near the answer to. I didn't know what he was, nor how I felt about him. I guess that was okay too, Since i would figure it out eventually. We would figure it out together.

                A soft night at my window, awoke me from my quite peaceful sleep. Zayn had also offered to guard my dorm, since Skyy was a relentless psychotic monster. So I didn't have a clue at who it was. It must had been Zayn taking up my own offer. I had made the offer, that if he wanted to stay in my room, and sleep on the other end of the bed, or on the floor, i didn't have the slightest problem with it.

               The soft knock was gone as a gentle breeze hit on my face. I fluttered my heavy eyes open, to reveal a thick shadow. I couldn't place who it was, causing a harsh fear to build up inside me. Two arms came over, wrapping me up in them. Then the scent, the feel, the spark all made sense, It was Harry. I wrapped my arms around him as if the world was crashing around me. Let's be honest, It was. My friends were slowly fading away, My sanity was unraveling quickly, and I had no control of my emotions anymore. 

               "Shh, God I missed the way you felt," Harry's thick accent murmured into the skin of my neck. The same skin tingling sensation ran over me, goose bumps flooding over my creamy skin.

               "I missed you so badly. I needed you," I whispered, my own words shocking me.

                I needed him? In all honesty it was the truth, I needed him like the desert needs the rain, the sky needs the sun. Though, of course I didn't know it yet. Maybe that was a good thing, was it really a good idea to fall in love with a vampire with blood issues. On another point, Would this said vampire love me? Would a blood sucker like him love a girl like me. Maybe, I was just food. But then again I couldn't feel that way, considering the way he talked about me.

                "I'm sorry, I got caught up. There's a vampire hunter in town... I was trying to lead his tracks to Skyy... " Harry explained softly. How did he know about Skyy?

                "How do you know about Skyy?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

                 "Skyy's some idiot vampire, ruining my hidden cover. Then Zayn told me about what he did to you..." He said, his beautiful Cheshire accent barely above a whisper. I felt his soft fingertips, tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

                 "Honestly... It's okay. Zayn protected me, So you'll have to thank him. Harry... I'm scared," I whispered. God, Why did I fell so confident telling him this stuff?

                 "I know.... I know. I won't let him hurt you, I promise," Harry whispered as he laid down, myself still comfortably in his arms.

                 My eyes wondered up to his, I felt the need, the hunger to kiss him. Our faces were so perfectly apart, So close yet way to far. Our eyes were staring as if there were no tomorrow. Just as we were about to touch lips, words spilled out of my mouth.

                 "Why do you protect me?" I asked quietly, My eyes never moving away from his.

                 "Because, When I'm with you, for the first time in hundreds of years, My heart beats," He whispered, emotion oozing out of his voice. I made his heart beat again. I made him come back to life.

                  "How?" I stuttered out quietly. He shook his head, obviously not game to answer the question. That was alright with me though, I was content just laying here with him.

                   The moon was shinning in our window, framing our perfectly two in-twined bodies. I had never been this intimate with someone, Yet with Harry, It felt of nature to me. Like something I was born to do. My mind wondered, Had Harry even been in love? Maybe he had this feeling with a girl before, and she died. Maybe he felt it, but she didn't. Maybe he held her like this... My body tensed and i clenched tighter to him, as jealousy ran through me. I wanted the be the only girl, the only girl who would ever feel this with him. The only girl that would be wrapped up in his arms, knowing that i was safe.