Chapter 18: Diner and Louis

After dressing in proper attire for the rather gloomy weather, I met Louis outside my dorm room. In the back of my mind, scenes from earlier flickered continuously, causing small bumps to rise upon my pale skin. I let out a deep sigh, my fingers wrapping around the loosened lock to my door, securing it tightly. My eyes roamed back to Louis, Who was standing there, simply watching.

                “Are you ready, Love?” His calming accent rang. With a simple nod, we began to head out quietly. Though we were ‘getting something to eat’ it was around 5 in the morning, and I doubted everyone would be too cheery if we caused havoc at such an early hour.

                The walk was generally silent, but I didn’t mind. The time allowed me to process events, yet let my mind roam to where in the hell Harry could be. I mean, when I fell asleep, it was him, no doubt in my mind. Why didn’t Harry protect me from Skyy? Was he working with Skyy? Maybe Harry never really cared about me. I mean after all I was his blood donor. I was just a girl he used to feed his hunger, his urge. I was nothing but it. He was probably just manipulating me, so I’d give the blood more willingly.

                “Anna,  Anna, Earth to Anna?” Louis joked, trying to snap me back into reality. I looked over at him with a light giggle.

                “Yeah sorry, I’m here,” I teased back, sticking my tongue out.

He chuckled, leading me in an old fashioned diner. It was quite cute, 60’s décor plastered all over the tile walls. It almost felt like walking back in time. Even the waitress had a fitting hair style for the decade. A small smile curved onto my lips, this place being of an atmosphere my father would more than certainly enjoy. He had always complained about how things weren’t quite the same as they used to be, and that he missed the values people had in the past. Like love was a feeling, not a sexual controlled desire.

As we sat down in a booth, a pair of menus were already arranged perfectly on the table. Hurrying over to us was a waitress, who seemed rushed. Yet, there was not another soul in the small diner. Her pure gold locked were tousled up in a ponytail, running down her back in large curls. Her brown eyes reflected a rather dark tint behind her generous amount of eyelashes.

“Are you two love birds ready to order?” She asked cheerfully. My eyes widened at the blunt comment, but the words just seemed to amuse Louis, Seeing that he cupped my hand in his from the other side of the table.

“We’ll both have the special and two cokes please,” He instructed with a smile, which honestly ticked me off. Ordering for me was something I didn’t enjoy, it reminded me of my younger days, where my mother would do the same action for me.

“Sounds good! It’ll be right up,” She said, smiling at us before striding off to the kitchen.

My eyes wandered over to Louis, my hands pulling away from his touch. “Louis, what the hell?” I asked questionably, well more like scolded.

“Aww c’mon baby don’t be like that,” He teased me, provoking anger with a chuckle. My eyes rolled at his actions.

“Did you bring me here to pretend to have a girlfriend for the night, or to explain why I was almost killed and you just happened to be in my dorm to save me?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

                “Ah, That,” He began with a sigh. “Well, Harry’s a bloody idiot for putting you in danger like he has done. Yet, I respect, and rather love the idea of him actually not killing his victims… Not many vampires have blood donors. It usually fails to work, due to lust for others blood. But, Harry seems to be stable on just your blood. Which, I have yet to figure out the reason he is stable on just your blood. On other subjects, Harry is fine. Last night he simply came out to talk to me once more. Part of the reason he came back, was to check out the campus for other vampires. Harry sensed in some strange way, you weren’t okay. He would’ve came to save you himself, but due to the fact Skyy isn’t the only problem we have here. I instructed him to stay and deal with those issues,” He explained, only to be interrupted by the waitress putting trays of plates on the table.

I took my mind off the pressing problems, only for a moment to inspect the aspects of the food before me. Delicious arrays of breakfast food were before me, whether it was chocolate waffles, or crispy bacon. The addicting aromas filled my nostrils, causing me to let out a content sigh. Before Louis could even speak another word, let alone I myself, we were both completely emerged in the food. My mouth was filled, and soon my stomach was too. Honestly, I felt like a balloon that was about to pop.

Light laughs filled the room as we inspected each other, both obviously overflowed, yet over joyed. It reminded me of thanksgiving really. Though, My family didn’t have large get togethers, it was still just as special with my parents. We all cooked all day, just to stuff it down later that night. Since my mom was from the south, the meal consisted of traditional southern meals, from the dressing, the turkey dripping gravy.

“That was delicious!” I ranted to him, as the waitress came back, giving him a check. I would’ve protested to pay, but it seemed as if he had already beat me too it. “Thank you,” I continued with a soft smile.

“Anytime,” He said, a accomplished grin on his face.  His grin slowly turned into a lip bite as he continued to stare at me.

Perplexed by his mood swings, I simply asked what the problem was. “What is it?” I asked softly.

Louis let out a soft breathe as he began, “Harry’s a lucky guy…”

This just made me even more confused. Why was he lucky? He was a vampire, who had to kill people for food. He was considered a monster. He could never feel warmth. How was that lucky?

Noticing my confusion, Louis spoke up once more “He has you,”

______________________________________________________________________

A/N Are you Team #Hanna or team #Louanna? Commmmment!!! (: