Chapter 13: Animals and Previous Love

As I woke up, my body still frail and weak, I pried Harry's arms off of me, my skin beginning to miss his warm hold. I slipped my shoes on quietly, trying not to wake Harry up. My bag was now adjusted onto my shoulder as I began to walk towards the door. Seeing an empty sheet of paper and a pen I walked over, my fingers placed onto the pen as I wrote. He needed to know that I was leaving. But as I tried to write I felt a pair of firm arms wrap around me. I flinched almost immediately before realizing

those arms belonged to Harry.

"Where do you think you're going?" Harry whispered no sense of sleepiness in his voice, almost like he hadn't just woken up.

"To my dorm..." I said softly, trying to escape his grasp.

"Why are you trying to get away from me?" He asked with his eyebrows furrowed. I didn't exactly know the answer to his question, there for leaving me with no response.

"Anna look at me..." He ordered as he turned my body to face him, I kept avoiding his eyes but he forced me to look at him.

"Anna, what the hell?" He spat, his voice strong and frightening. I flinched as his grip became tighter on me, as his eyes flashed red. I could tell he was hungry but I didn't get why he was restraining himself.

"Y-you're hurting me," the words flowed through my lips barely above a whisper. This time his eyes didn't soften, but he did push me away.

"What's wrong with you Harry?" I asked, my concern growing. He turned his face, his view now towards the wall.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm just hungry." He said weakly, his eyes still occasionally swirling a bright red color. As much as I didn't want to offer I knew I had to. Not only for his wellbeing, but for mine and others.

"Then Eat..." I offered, turning away and holding my wrist out towards him.

"Anna... I refuse to hurt you anymore... I'm... I'm going to start drinking animal blood. But to do that, I have to be away from human blood for a few days... " He said, then took a deep breath. "So you have to leave,"

I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly nodded. I couldn't believe what he had just said. I didn't get why he refused to hurt me anymore, I just didn't understand. I grabbed my bag, slowly placing it back on my shoulder as I walked to the door. Lips were pressed against my cheek and a pink tint rose. I smiled timidly at him, unsure why I was blushing.

"Goodbye Harry, I'll see you soon," I said calmly, before walking out.

The short distance from the hall wasn't to far as I was walking at a quick pace, too frightened to be alone. Not just alone but without Harry. He gave me a sense of comfort, even when he was frightening. Even when I was scared of him drinking every ounce of my blood, I knew he would try to make it painless, and save me from others. I laid on my bed as I got in, resting into the soft surface. I noticed there were several get well cards on the table. I smiled as I read them, all from my friends and teachers. I assumed that Harry had told one of the teachers that I had been attacked just like Jenny. That was the only logical excuse to the situation.

Before I knew it, It was morning. It was slightly saddening, knowing I couldn't see Harry. It was a weird feeling burning in my chest, almost pain. I couldn't describe why though, none of the reason I thought of made sense to me. I got dressed the normal routine, wearing a coral top and shorts. I made my way to class, gaining several glances and 'glad you're back''s . I smiled and adjusted into my seat as an unfamiliar face walked in. I felt like I could recognize the face. He turned to me with a devilish smile. His black hair framing his beautiful face, soft blue eyes shaped perfectly, toned body. Then I realized, This was the monster that attacked me and my first love.