Chapter 7: New Friends and Hugs

I ran over giving her a warm hug. She had the same watermelon sent she had before.  You could tell she was still tired, the soft dark circles forming around her face. I frowned briefly but then smiled as she stepped back revealing a table full of girls and a blonde haired boy.

                “These are my friends from my class. Ya know’ Since I’m a year older then you,” Jenny said softly.

                “Sit down,” The girl with the brown hair stated. Her hair flowed right to about her shoulders. She had glasses that framed her face nicely, and warm hazel eyes.

                I complied and nodded shyly. I moved my seat closer to the table and smiled sheepishly at everyone.

                “I’m Amanda,” The girl who had spoken earlier announced. No doubt in my mind was she brave. I turned my face to another girl who spoke.

                “I’m River. And this is my brother Niall,” She said in a thick Irish accent. I focused on her for a moment. She had beautiful long turquoise hair, Hazel eyes that shined various colors in the light, and pale skin. My view took to her very handsome brother. He had soft blue eyes almost like the color of the sky, His short blonde hair was ruffled and his roots were showing brown.

                “I’m MaKenzie,” The girl at the end of the table informed me. I looked down to see her blonde hair that draped just past her shoulders framing her small face. Along with that, She had hazel eyes that dipped into a soft green, almost reminding me of the sea grass at home. As she spook I was reminded of memories of the past, Hearing her North Carolina accent. I remembered the many summers I spent with my mother. I never really had friends. Yes, there were summers I had ‘best friends’ but they showed their true colors in the end.

                “I’m Hannah!” One of the girls shouted making me giggle.  She smiled brightly at me as I looked at her appearance. Long dark brown hair the color of chocolate, Brown eyes that were so dark they almost seemed black, and a cute little pointed nose.

                Finally the last girl spoke up “I’m Mikala,” She said sheepishly with a soft smile on her pale lips. Her brown hair faded into blonde, Her dark brown eyes with swirls of caramel, and finally her perfect skinny figure.

                At this point, I felt ugly. Yes, I knew I was decent looking, but I was more than insecure and all of these girls were beautiful. I wiped my eyes with my wrist trying to wipe the tired away. I felt several glances fall to me.

                “What happened to your wrist?” MaKenzie asked me. I immediately tensed, not sure what to say.

                “I-I burnt it, straightening my hair,” I stuttered. She nodded understandingly and I sighed in relief, glad she didn’t push it.

                “Aye’ You should come with us tonight! We’re sneaking out to go Clubbin’” Niall commented.

                I’d never really been clubbing so I wasn’t really sure about it. But Hey, I’d be a night away from Harry and this place. Why not?

                “Sure, I mean if y’all don’t mind,” I said quietly.

                “Of course love! I know the best places around here, And if ya want you can crash at my place. I don’t live on campus. I’m a day student,” Mikala added. I nodded swiftly.

                “That would be lovely! Thanks bunches,” I said half way interrupted by the sound of my stomach growling, reminding me that I hadn’t eaten in over 24 hours.

                “Gosh go feed that monster,” Amanda joked. The whole table seemed to giggle. I stood up.

                “I’m coming with you! More food for me,” Niall said chuckling. He stood up and walked with me to the large buffet. I grabbed one of the dishes and started to place some food on. There was loads, chicken, Steak, Local meals, Veggies, All home cooked.

                “None of my business, But what’s with you and Harry?” Niall asked. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. How did he know about Harry and I? Correction, there was no ‘Harry and I’. It was a simple no emotions attached relationship. Listen to me, I sound like I’m part of Friends With Benefits.

                “There is nothing going on between Harry and I. He’s just tutoring me in English. There will never be anything between me and him,” I lied a bit coldly. The words slipped out of my mouth and I heard the door slam closed. I just shrugged it off thinking it was nothing.

                “Oh. Sorry. I didn’t know you didn’t like him that much,” Niall said softly. He was so delicate, almost like a snowflake.

                “It’s not that, But I really should not like him. But anyways, Thanks for inviting me tonight,” I said with a smile. He nodded and smiled a cookie half way in his mouth. I giggled at the sight and wiped his mouth with a paper napkin.

                “Thanks Lassie. Jenny always does that,” He said chuckling with a red tint on his face.

“You like her don’t you?” I asked with a bright smile. Come to think of it, they would be really cute together.

“W-why do you say that?” He stuttered, blushing more.

“Your face lights up when you speak about her,” I said cheekily.

 I got my plate and made my way over with him. I sat down by Jenny once more and smiled. They were deep into conversation and Niall joined them. I just stayed quiet for the rest of the meal eating. Later we had all finished and I agreed that we all needed to get changed. We all made our ways to our dorms. I was right outside my door when Jenny stopped me.

“Please be careful around Harry… I just… I’ve just heard a lot of things about him…” She said softly. I looked at her wide eyed. Did she remember?

“I am. I promise. Don’t worry. Thank you for caring,” I said. Before I could even argue, she pulled me into a tight hug. I giggled and hugged her back. I relaxed into her hold. It felt nice having a friend. I wished I could tell her what had been happening. But I couldn’t. I would never risk her life for my own benefit.

“See you later,” She said pulling back. I nodded and we both went our separate ways.

 I walked into my dorm before I heard the slight crackle of paper below me. I leaned down and picked up  a CD. The CD Had a small note on it.

For Anna,

Listen To this, Maybe it’ll help explain things. I’m sorry you don’t want to be anything. I understand there will be nothing between us. I kind of understand though. I’m a monster.

From,

Harry Edward Styles