Cake isnt always perfect

Waking to the sound of worried murmuring was rather unsettling, I didnt open my eyes and listened to esraia, tarin and teresa's hushed conversation.

Darius was there too, he squeezed my hand lightly, obviously knowing i had woken.

"Tarry what do we do?" Teresa.

"Protect him, we cant let them get their dirty hands on him" tarin.

"And necromancer's are rare as is..."

esraia.

I gasped and all talking stopped, they realised i heard.

A single tear slipped down my cheek.

~Flashback~
Mamma gripped my little hand as we stood in the graveyard.
I sobbed, my small hand rubbing my eye's.
"D-Daddy..."
Mum's tears quitly slipped down her face.
I jumped and screamed when i looked up to see my father standing infront of me, partially see through.
"Lyason, my son. Take care of your mother, my little necromancer, im so proud of you.... Take care of her"
I felt him kiss my forhead and i nodded, pulling my mother away...

~Flashback end~

"Oh good god Ly we are so sorry, we were supposed to tell you another time"

I shook my head shakily.

"I-i already knew. After dad was killed we went to the graveyard, that was the last time i saw him, i found out then.

It was another memory i had blocked"

I breathed in deeply, breathing ragged and my head spinning.

I looked around, Darius's room.

Thankfully.

After awhile of talking the trio went back to the dorms, leaving me with an unfocused darius.

I watched him mull over his thoughts, the game has changed now, less rules.

I uncosiously bit my lip, so, im a necromancer, spencer's an evil fallen angel son-of-a-bitch-that-im-gonna-have-to-fucking-deal-with, Darius is a vampire (judging by the flash of green eye's) and we are all in over our heads under trouble.

Im glad mum isnt here to see this...

Speaking of mum, darius jumped when his phone rang in his pocket, disturbing him from his mind war.

"Hello?"

He listened for a few seconds then connected his eyes with mine.

"Alright, here"

He passed to phone to me and a distressed female voice came through the line.
"Hello?"

"Hey mum"

I could almost see how weak my voice was.
"Oh my baby are you okay?"

I sighed, i cant lie to my mum.

Darius walked off after mouthing that he would make dinner.

I rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"Stuff's been getting crazy, The people here are really nice,

except..."

I drifted off.
"Baby whats wrong? Ly?!"

"Its complicated, we were sort of attacked earlier, no one got hurt, it wasnt really like an attack, more of a threat"

I heard her sigh tiredly, she had been so worried she probably didnt get much sleep.
"Oh baby how i wish this hadnt happened, im so sorry you have to live through this"

Tears, not hers, mine.

"Mum it's not your fault, ill deal with it, just stay safe, okay?"

She promised and we said our goodbye's.

It smells good... lazily wondering into the kitchen and watching darius cook, i remembered why i had run away in the first place.

A dark blush crept up my face, causing me to walk into the loungeroom before darius got a chance to see, but something told me the sly grin on his face meant he already knew.

I swallowed hard and sat tiredly on a soft, gold thread couch, running around the town-literally running-Was exhausting enough, but we just had to add an enemy shock and a memory return to ice the fucking cake, and let me tell you right now,

Thats one hell of an ugly cake.