Chapter 30

So here comes the epilogue demarcating the end of 47's roller coaster ride. For now.....

Everything stilled for a while. Atleast for Milano and his wife.

There stood their baby girl holding a gun as if it were a safe toy and playing with it. The parents were stunned with the fact that their child was present holding a gun with Diana standing right behind her.

Dr. Chrome ran towards his niece and snatched the gun out of her hands and without thinking slapped Diana right on her face.

"Are you f**king insane? That kid was holding a gun and you let her?" He snapped at her. Tears fell from Diana's eyes and she didn't know what to say. She was too shocked with the fact that the man she was in love with had thrashed her without an explanation.

Jane ran towards Diana and held her by her shoulders glaring at her.

"Can you imagine how unsafe it was for her to hold the gun? Do you realize what could have happened? She could have shot herself!" She yelled at her.

"I tried stopping her but she ran off holding the gun. The gun was in the car and she desperately wanted to meet her daddy so I brought her here. Before I could stop her she ran off holding the gun and I was right behind her but thankfully the trigger did not backfire. I am really sorry Jane. It is my fault. I should have just stayed in the lab." She cried tears streaming down her eyes. Though she knew of her mistake but still she felt deeply hurt with the fact that Jake had hit her without a second thought.

Jane felt guilty. Diana was only trying to help. She shouldn't have scolded her so harshly.

Milano stood there staring at the apple of his eyes. His princess. His baby girl. The only sound proof of his and Jane's love. He was in no way in a sound state of mind. The revelation of his wife being alive but hid from him had shaken him a lot and he was still unable to decode what was happening.

Jane stared at her estranged husband. She wanted to run back into his arms. She loved him even after his infidelity. Tears fell from her eyes when she remembered the night she had caught the love of her life in the embrace of another woman. Her heart hardened at the flashback.

"Jake, please ask him to sign the divorce papers." Jane said with a blank face. Milano's head snapped to her direction in the process of his rude awakening.

"Never!" He screamed. "You're mine Jane and now that I have found you, you aren't escaping my clutches."

She stared at him incredulously. "I can't be with you after what you have done. Please leave me alone. Let me have some peace, Guy. I don't want to be with a man who keeps cheating on me."

"I was protecting you-"

"Will you protect me from yourself, Guy?"

Milano stared at her with a guilty look. He knew the wound was too deep and nothing other than time and his devotion towards his wife would heal it.

Keeping a lower stare, he decided then and there,
" I will demolish my mafia gang."

Jane looked up not being able to believe the words she heard. Was he really saying that? Or was it just to gain her trust so that he can have her and cheat her all over again?

Milano fell on his knees and begged his wife,
"Jane I will do anything that you ask me to do, but please come back to me."

Jane was reluctant. She glanced towards her brother who was giving a big no sign to her. Jake was right. Once a cheater always a cheater.

"I want a divorce, Guy."

Milano looked at his wife with a sharp look.

"You rather be a widow than a divorcée." He replied with a blank look on his face. Having said that he ran off to the edge of the cliff and jumped without caring the screams that were being heard from behind.