chapter 5

18 September 2009,

"Sasha, open the door. I need to talk to you."

Jack was almost banging the door which was now in the verge of cracking open. Then an adjacent door opened.

"Who are you son? Why are you banging the door like that?"

"I am sorry if I am causing any inconvenience to you madam but the owner of this apartment, Sasha is my girlfriend and apparently I haven't been hearing much from her since a week. Do you have any idea where she is?"

"I am sorry son but I am not seeing her from probably the seventh of this month."

"WHAT? You have not seen her from the seventh?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I had taken her out for lunch on that day. It was her birthday that day."

"Oh I see, but her car is also not parked in the driveway son."

"What? Her car............is not.............there in ..............in the driveway?"

"Yeah, go check it out. Her car is always parked next to my son's car. But since then I have not been seeing it either."

"Thanks for your help madam. And you really seem to have a sharp memory."

"My pleasure, son. I hope you find her soon. My best wishes are with you."

"Have a good day, madam."

With that Jack furiously sped off not understanding whether Sasha is cheating on him or is she really in a messed up situation.

2 hours later,

"Sir, can you tell us more about what both of you did other than eating in the restaurant that day?"

Jack was literally racking his brains to remember something. But he did not seem to remember anything significant done that day. He was super sure that he had only had lunch with her and had given her a good-bye kiss. That was it.

"No sir, we just ate lunch together, gossiped with each other and then she left for her apartment in her car."

"In her car, is it? Sir, could you please give me some more details about this car of Ms. Reinhart?"

Sasha's last name was Reinhart and she had taken this name from her mother's side. Her dad's last name was Smith and she sort of felt it was just too boring.

"Mr. Jack Hayden, we shall let you know if we find something useful. Have a good day. We shall find your girlfriend."

The police-officer was way too kind and warm-hearted when compared to the other police officers. He could understand the pain of losing your beloved because he too had lost his.

For Jack, it could not be a good day. Fortunately it was a Sunday, so he did not have to skip work. Besides he could not get any more day-offs because he had taken too many at the time of his mother's heart operation. He sadly returned home, still feeling that Sasha had probably cheated on him.

"Mom, I'm ba-"

The sentence could not be completed. He stood there stunned at the scenario right in front of him.

**************************************************************************************************

47 quickly tossed his navigator inside his pocket and turned back to see the owner of the arm that was draped around his right shoulder.