Chapter 14

I am really sorry for the delay. My life has been a tornado these past few days. Here is the next chapter. I hope you like it. Enjoy :)

47 jolted to a halt when he heard someone call out for him. He stood thinking how he should escape if he does get caught. He turned around and looked up at a sturdy brute walking towards him. He held his head up high to avoid the birth of any kind of suspicion.

"You stupid dog! I asked you to go to the shed to check out the horses. They are neighing like donkeys." The brute asked to a guy right behind 47. Phew!

47 released a breath he had been holding for quite a long time. That was a narrow escape. 47 was sure that there was not much time left until his cover was blown off. He knew he had to act fast.

"I will take care of that!" 47 spoke out in his deep and raspy voice.

The brute stared at him with narrowed eyes and pointed his index finger at him and questioned, "And why should you do that?"

47 stiffened but replied smoothly with a smirk on his face,

"I have a history with horses."

"Oh really, boy?" The brute spat at him and 47 felt his blood boil at his behaviour.

"Yes sir!" 47 replied as politely as he could.

The brute let a smile take over his face at the 'sir'. He was pleased to see that there was somebody who actually respected him.

"Alright my boy. I will let you go there." The guard next to 47 was stunned at the brute's behaviour. 47 deducted that probably the brute never listened to anybody.

47 rampaged down the garden according to the navigator towards the sheds. The guards patrolling there were giving him suspicious glances here and there. But he just walked like a stiff guard and as he passed them they just forgot that he even existed.

A notification came through a bing on his device. He checked it to see that Diana had contacted him saying that if he had to pass through horses then he had to drug them because horses could smell trespassers and probably might neigh even more in his presence.

This one was going to serve useful to him. He placed his navigator in his pocket and swiftly turned when he saw there was a switch right at his face level and then he looked up to see that there were some kind of projections on the wall right above the switch.

A surveillance camera.

He realized that this was the path less trodden by the guards due to the grassy nature of the area. This was probably a prohibited area which was why the switch of the surveillance cameras were on show. He checked the time. It was the lunch hour. So the people surveying the area through their monitors will not be notified about the shed cameras being off. He quickly flicked the switch off and another bing on his device notified that probably the cameras in the shed aren't working anymore.

This wasn't anything new for him. Not at all.

Upon entering the sheds, he saw there was a staircase leading to a top floor and there were nicely built sheds were the horses were neighing. While he was contemplating on going to the first floor, he saw a tub. He went close to it to see that it was fodder.

He quietly took out the narcotic drug which was going to put the horses to sleep. He looked around searching for anyone who was going to catch site of the action and emptied the contents into the tub. He quietly stepped out and trotted up the steps. As if waiting for 47 to finish his business, the keeper walked in right after and carried the tub towards the horses and poured fodder in each of the horses' mini tubs.

47 checked his map to find that the satellite point to the place of interest beyond the horses' stables probably to the other end. He still did not know in what 'ruthless way' he was supposed to kill the guy, so he had decided to just take him and hand him over to the victim.

The neighing of horses slowed down as the drug started to kick in. The horses were not in the state to smell and identify an intruder. This was the right moment.

47 skipped across the stables towards the area that the map indicated and stopped at a door. Turning the knob was not going to open the door and barging in might seem suspicious. So he had to pick-lock the door. After picking the lock of the door that barred him from probably the victim, he opened the door and was stunned with what he saw ahead.

The room had nothing, absolutely nothing. It was as if the room was not holding a victim captive at all. There was no speck of blood or a place full of foul smell, something that we see in the movies. In fact, 47 himself couldn't understand as to why the satellite had even indicated this place as something interesting.

Something was fishy. 47 could smell it. It was probably a trap. 47 knew not what to do. He just walked around to check if there was something-

BAM!

He had fallen through a hole on a creaky plank right on his butt. 47 just dusted himself off and got up realizing that this indeed was a well-played match where he had lost and was trapped.

*************************************************************

Dr. Chrome was furious. How could she let 47 touch her so inappropriately? Never before had 47 come less than a feet closer to her, let alone touch her that way. What was that stupid son of a-

He stopped there. He was speaking in such a filthy language about the boy he brought into this world by breaking his sweat. How could he have done that? What was happening to the man known for his calm and patient attitude? Was he jealous?

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on his door. He knew who it was even without letting the person in.

"Come in, Diana."

And in walked his beauty queen. The lady who had riled him up by doing nothing.

"Doc, I am sorry for what-"

"You are SORRY?" His anger coming back in full force. She flinched at his behaviour.

"Yes. I am really sorry for what happened out there. I swear I did not know why he was doing that but when I asked him he said that-" She was cut off by his sudden interruption.

"WHAT did he say, princess?" He said in his sickly sweet voice which annoyed Diana. She could not understand why he was getting pissed at her for something she hadn't even done.

"I don't get it Jake. Why are you pissed at me? Why should you even care if I hug someone?" She spoke her voice increasing by an octave towards the end.

"Because you are mine."

Having said that he planted his lips on hers.

**************************************************************

Hi everybody! I have decided to dedicate my book to each and every reader. So please write comments so that I will know who is reading and the person who has commented the most gets a dedication. :)

I hope you liked the chemistry that is stirring in between Dr. Chrome and Diana. ;)

Anyways have a good day :)