VIII: A Loving Mother, Wife and Friend.

Začít od začátku

I was snapped out of my own daydreaming when Dad called Lauren with an unreadable expression on his face. I see Lauren gulp and I bite my lip to contain a smirk. This is too amusing. "Welcome back Lauren." Suddenly, Dad's frown was replaced with a smile that was directed towards Lauren who looked quite startled by his reaction. Even I was surprised!

Clearing her throat, "Recovery was quite the ride but I'm good now." Confessed Lauren. Then I felt a gentle nudge on my shoulder. "Even better now that Camila is actually here." Lauren flirted with a smirk. I lifted an amused eyebrow and "Oh, is that so." Damn, she has the balls to flirt with me in front of my dad. I smirked back and finally turned to look at Dad who was also raising an eyebrow at the two of us.

"That was quite the show." Mom commented.

"It's a relief to see both of you in good terms." Dad said with his low voice. Honestly, me too. "We worked things out, Dad. But we just decided to stay as friends." I told him, feeling funny when I said friend. "Yeah, friends." Lauren sighed as she felt a bit disappointed that she was just a friend now even though it felt like there was something more. She ran her hand through her hair, which is a force of habit.

I finally looked across the room just to see Ariana. Oh yeah. I completely forgot she was here. How convenient. She was messing with her phone as she looked up and saw me staring at her so she smiled at me. I didn't know how to not make things awkward so I just smiled back before looking back to listen my family's conversation. I still felt her staring at me despite that I just kept ignoring her staring.

"So Ariana," She lifted her head up and put her phone back in her pocket once Dad called her name. "Yes Mr. Cabello?" She asked questioningly. "Has Sofi been been behaving good lately this past few days?" Asked Dad, looking at Ariana. She nodded in answer before continuing, "Yes, Sofi has been a good girl. She likes to play in her room with me and is quite obedient." I see Dad smile, "Well if that's the case... Maybe you could babysit Sofi more often."

"Only if you want to of course."

I almost choke on my own spit at the thought of Ariana being near Sofi. I also felt Lauren tense seeing that I was sitting close to her. But Ariana has been begging for my forgiveness. Does she really mean it or is it just another game for her? I have no idea what to do and it's so confusing. But just begging for my forgiveness wont make me forget everything she has made me go through. She has to work for it.

I've decided that I would let her explain.

I didn't notice I was once again deep in thought so I paid attention. Ariana nodded her head frantically, looking quite happy with Dad's proposal. "I wouldn't mind at all Mr. Cabello." Slowly, I scooted my hand closer to Lauren's and gave her hand a squeeze making her look at me in question. I just smiled, not letting go of her warm hands. Second later, I felt her soft thumb caress my hand and occasionally giving it a gentle squeeze. Fighting to contain a happy smile, I coughed before sending Lauren a funny look who just raised a perfectly sculptured brow.

I shake my head in amusement. "Well now that everything is settled..." Dad stood up and clapped his hands together. We all looked to pay attention to him, "Why don't we have some barbecue in the backyard? Sinu and I are going to be preparing the food so you kids can enjoy yourselves." Ariana was about to leave but Dad was fast to stop her "You're going to stay and eat her too Ariana." She blushed and sat down instantly.

"It's going to take some time so Camila and Lauren, you can see Sofi in her room for the meantime." Mom ushered the two of us upstairs. Before we ascended upstairs I glanced at Ariana who was looking at her phone once again. Shaking my head, I led Lauren upstairs to Sofi's room. We made jokes and laughed as we entered Sofi's room.