.68

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Saturday April 9th 2016
Mississauga, Canada.

I take a deep breath before getting out of the car. I've missed two family days since I've been in Cali and I haven't spoken to anyone besides the blunt responses I gave to people. The only people who I kept communicating with were Keem, Kehlani and Chanel as well as Steve, Taylor Gang and people who needed me to help them with work; strictly with work though, I never made conversation.

I knock on the door and I wait patiently. The door flies open revealing my mom who's stood looking more pissed than ever but she's just my mom; she ain't my mama.

"Hi" I say.

"Nakita Thandiwe Ncube, we did not raise you this way" she says.

"You didn't raise me at all" I utter under my breath as I step into the house. I take off my shoes.

"What is wrong with you?"

"I'm good thanks, how are you?" I lead into the living room where my dad is.

"Hi daddy" I say smiling.

"Don't hi daddy me. Where have you been?"

"You could say I've been on vacation... But I worked and that" I say. He stands up and gives me a hug.

"You can't got around disappearing like that. I'm your dad and I was worried about you. Your siblings didn't even know either. It's not nice what you did"

"I know dad, I just needed time to relax. I wasn't in Canada, I was in California so I couldn't fly over"

"Who were you with in California for two months?"

"I was only away for a month but I went the week before family day so it feels like two months but it's not"

"Who were you with?"

"I was with Keem, Lani, Nel and a bunch if the Taylor Gang people. I was still working"

"Who's Lani?" My mom asks.

"A friend" I respond bluntly.

"Who's Taylor Gang?"

"Taylor Gang is a musical group. It's like Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla, Chevy and the rest"

"Who's Lani?"

"Kehlani Parrish. She's a close friend of mine"

"How come we've never heard of her?"

"Daddy do you really know all my friends?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"No but I would like to know who you associate yourself with when we aren't important enough to contact."

"I'm sorry"

"Clear headspace? So me, your mom, mama, tata, Vuyo, Stembi, TamTam, Zani and even Delilah are just too much for you"

"I need to call Delilah actually. I'll be here from now on."

"Why did you leave?"

"I just needed a clear headspace for a while" I say frowning.

"Clear headspace from?" I look at my mom, not insinuating that it's her fault but that I'm not going to say in front of her.

"Do you want a drink?" My mom asks and she looks saddened by the look which I gave her.

"Can I have a black label?" My dad says.

"I'm good thanks" I say giving her a light smile. She steps out of the room, shutting the door behind her and giving me and my dad privacy.