.22

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Tuesday July 22nd 2014
Toronto, Canada.

It's been five days since Majid Jordan's album was dropped. Two songs of which Jahron helped with a lot are 'All I Do' and 'Forever'. Them two songs actually touch my heart the most. I wonder what their muse was.

We also dropped 'Recognize' the day after the MJ album dropped and so many people have been bigging up the track so I feel like it's finna get a plaque.

I go to open the recording studio door to Jodeci studio but it's locked. I knock my usual knock and he opens it a few moments later.

"Why's it locked today?"

"I don't wanna work with anyone. Apart from my muse" he says.

"You sent Neenyo away didn't you?" He shrugs. He leans down to kiss me but I swerve him.

"Are you still mad?"

"You're album was supposed to drop Friday but now we're dropping it next Tuesday. Who drops an album on Tuesday?"

"Club going up on a Tuesday" he says making me roll my eyes hard.

"Come on we need to get to work because-"

"No offence but you too much of a distraction for me to work" that's the way he relays his emotions to me.

"You're also a distraction but I have a job to do. I'm your A&R rep not your... Nixi" I don't know what we're doing and I didn't mean to hesitate like that.

"I've got three more songs to add to the album if that'll make you happy?"

"Let's hear them first" I say. He slides over to his iMac.

"You ready?" I nod my head. He presses play and the first thing I hear is that he can't remember where the girl is from.

But then it slips into him wanting her but he can't quite have her.

"Girl I need all your love right now but I'll wait....

You've got options and I'm here to let you know
You know you got options, babe. Yeah you got options, babe
Know you got options, babe. PARTY is an option, babe
Fuck the hug and kisses, babe. This is for my real bitches
Girl you got options. Tell that hatin' nigga to shut the fuck up..." Okay I'm genuinely really confused and lost as to who this song is about.

"Shorty but you not a bitch, you the one I get money with" okay so some of it is about me. This girl begins talking and she almost portrays how I feel about him.

"You hardly smoke but you wanna smoke my drugs.
Don't know how to love but you somehow get by love" does he mean his actual drugs or himself?

"What do you think?"

"You got nice beats yo. Lyrics are amazing still. I think we need to pick up the auto tune a little bit more but besides that I love the song. Next one" he looks at me funny and presses play.

"With all these shoulda coulda wouldas
I'm in her ear one time. Tryna tell her how I ride
She heard it all. I know she heard it all
Girl I can change your life. But you heard it all
But you heard it all. I'm from the city
Where you ain't gotta love to love. You ain't gotta love to fuck
Girl, I'm just tryna say.. I'm from the city"