.63

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Saturday February 13th 2016
Toronto, Canada.

I sit, staring at the bottle of vintage rosé Dom Pérignon champagne which he left on my doorstep. He didn't knock so I didn't know he was there.

There's a knock at my door and Neely barks loudly. I'm not expecting anyone so I have no clue as to who it could be. In the back of my mind, I hope that it's Jahron. But when I look out the window, I see that Cherelle's Fiat is parked outside.

I grab all the ice cream pots on the table, throwing them away into the trash can before rushing upstairs and doing the same with the ones on my drawers. Neely is still at the door which is evident by another bark. I wash my face as quickly as possible before opening the front door.

"Hey- Relle?" I say as she starts crying.

"Kita" she splutters through her tears. I give her a tight hug, unsure of what's wrong.

"Come inside" I say to her. I shut the door behind her and she walks into the living room, taking a seat and I do the same. Neely snorts at her feet and she picks him up, hugging him.

"What's wrong Relle?" I ask.

"Kita I had a fight with my mama because she doesn't like my boyfriend. Then my boyfriend is pissed off because she doesn't like him and ugh. I said a lot of things to my mama I can't take back. She told me to get out. What do I do?"

"Have you told Jahron?" I ask. I haven't said his name since Tuesday. I haven't told anyone at all.

"He's not at home. I went there first and he's not answering his phone."

"You need to go and take back what you said. But you gotta give it time. You shouldn't have had a fight with her. You shoulda just asked her why she doesn't like him and addressed the situation."

"You can't change my mama's mind Nakita and I just love him and I can't unlove him just because she doesn't like him. It doesn't work like that" she says.

"You can't change her mind because you yell at her. My mama would beat my ass for yelling at her. Yo mama nice to you."

"What do I do?"

"Start by apologising. Tell her what you did wrong even if she knows what you did wrong. Explain how you're going to fix it. Tell her that it hurts that you said it. And that's a start"

"I'm finna go now" she says standing up.

"No sit down. Just text her or your dad saying that you're staying with me. Give her some time and I'll drop you off on Tuesday night" Tuesday night is when it all went down. I don't have a boyfriend anymore. And it's my fault. I can't cry about it, I just have to let it be now.

"Thank you Nakita. When's Jahron coming over?" She asks as she wipes her face.

"I don't know actually. He's pretty busy. You know how he gets when he writes music" he's probably writing a song on how much he hates me.

~~ Jahron A. Brathwaite ~~
Mississauga, Canada.

"Bro you been smoking straight blunts since you got here" EJ says to me and I remain silent.

"AJ I know you hear me yo"

"It's over. I don't know how. She broke up with me or I broke up with her, but it's over" I say finally speaking.

"You and Kita broke up?" He says shocked.

"I know right"

"What happened?"