.31

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Tuesday November 18th 2014
Toronto, Canada.

"Come in" I say as I hear the knock at my door.

I look up once I've finished writing what I needed to. I'm surprised by who I see.

"Hey" she says.

"Hi"

"I know. What am I doing here right? I tried to talk myself out of coming but I came and now I'm here. Talking to you"

"Yeah I'm kinda surprised too. What- what are you doing here?" I put my pen down.

"So we were talking and I was just thinking why? So I pieced it together and this is why I'm here"

"Pieced what together?"

"You and Jahron were a thing weren't you? You had a thing. Not just sex, an actual thing. Just that nobody knew"

"How did you piece that together?" I sit back on my seat.

"I was talking to Rome. He was almost shocked to see me with Jahron. Not shocked as in I haven't seen you in a long time but shocked as in this ain't the girl I thought was coming. Then I thought about how you reacted when you saw me. And how Jahron was in a bad mood after you left. He keeps telling me he doesn't have a muse and he's struggling to write. He wrote about his ex you know? You probably do know.-"

"It's okay I'm not"

"No I wanna just... That song on his EP called Jus Know, the one with Travis yea that's about his ex because he can't find a muse. I think your his muse and you aren't talking to him are you?"

"No I'm not. Kehlani, I didn't know you guys were seeing each other so I found out that night. I'm not his muse either. He has plenty of muses, he's just being lazy."

"I'm his muse too. For songs like grown women. You're his muse for songs like thirsty"

"Kehlani trust me, I'm not in the way. I just work in the same building as him now. He chose you and that's okay because I'm okay. You chose him too. That's kind of how a relationship works. And not to be rude but what exactly is it you came here for?"

"Answers. Is Jahron really mine?"

"He's yours" I say although it hurts me to.

"Okay." She walks to my desk and places a card she digs out of her pocket. I take it and it's her number.

"I don't want you to hate me."

"I don't hate you. In fact I kinda like you. You came here to talk this out."

"Thanks" she takes a sign of relief.

"Does Royal mean anything to you?" I ask.

"Nothing besides it's actual definition." I nod my head at her. She turns and walks to the door.

"Kehlani?"

"Yes?" She looks over her shoulder.

"Don't tell anyone. It's best if it stays a secret... That I had a thing with him"

"You have my word" she leaves my office and I take a deep breath. I place the card in my top drawer and lock it with the key.

All I have to get done today is phone calls. Phone calls verifying all the dates for Kehlani's man's tour. But I'm going to make my own phone calls first. I dial Cole's number.

"Hey Cole"

"Hey Kita wassup?"

"I been workin on our lil thing and 10 dates like the last one seems to work"