.12

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Wednesday April 30th 2014
Toronto, Canada.

My office has been moved since it's more appropriate for me to be on the A&R floor. I had this office decorated the weekend of the meeting and now it's perfect.

My desk is on the wall directly opposite the door. On my desk I have the iMac, the keyboard and the mouse along with my cute pencil case. There's my desk phone and my iPad. I also have an iPod now. In front of my desk there are two chairs.

Then to the right there's two grey couches facing each other with a glass coffee table in between them on a rug. Against the wall there's the filing cabinets which I've been working on whenever I get the chance.

To the left there's more filing cabinets against the wall which are mostly empty because they're the ones for events managing.

Across the wall there's like drawers and on top there's a fish tank. Then there's a fresh pot of Delilah flowers right by the door. Then there's all the mixtapes, EPs and albums by Drake. Then the same for PartyNextDoor.

I also have a bowl full of beads just because I can and my own coffee machine which I don't really use. But I do use the water machine.

But then there's this door that I really don't like because it kinda ruins the office. I'm finna get it painted over so if blends in with the wall. The door leads to Michelle's office.

I knock before walking in through the door.

"I'm finna go over to Common for MJ now" I say. Common is another recording studio.

"Do you need some help?" I shake my head.

"Nah I got this." I say. I leave her room and head to the studios. As I'm walking down the studio hallway, Jahron's studio door opens. He walks out on his phone but looks up.

"Kita" he says.

"Jahron."

"I heard you were in New York"

"I know I came back from my brother's thing and then I had to go back for Warner Bros meetings. It was basically my introductory ceremony and young money meeting for the Drake Wayne tour"

"Oh right. How'd the ceremony go?"

"They loved me anyways but now I'm basically their right hand woman" I say.

"That's great. And the tour?"

"They requested me to do 10 more before they announce it"

"I wish I could open for that but you know. Where you headed?"

"I've got studio time with Majid Jordan"

"When you got studio time with me?"

"I don't actually."

"But it's your job" he says raising his eyebrows.

"I know it's my job. Is there something you want help with?"

"Yea. There's this song. I can't get the lyrics right" he says.

"Hmm well your going now so I can't really help you now can I?"

"I would stay but I got vocal coaching all afternoon"

"What a shame" I say shrugging sarcastically.