.36

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Thursday Februrary 5th 2015
California,USA.

I can't believe I'm here. I can't believe I'm doing this. Like do y'all know how stupid this is? It shouldn't even have had to come to this. But every time I don't believe it. I read the message again.

Jahron won't interact with the audience properly. Can you come to the show tomorrow? - Kehlani✌🏾️

She sent that to me yesterday.  I'm here as a favour for her and cause it's my job to make the people happy. I didn't respond to her, I just left it.

And I'm going to convince myself that she asked me to come because she can't get on the stage. That would be him interacting with a celebrity not with his fans right? Not that I'm a fan either but the people don't know that.

The gates open, letting the taxi in. The taxi rolls round to the front. I hand the taxi driver his money before getting out the car.

I wanted to stay at a hotel but Keem wouldn't let me. Instead he asked Chanel for me so I'm staying at her house. Apparently staying at a hotel gives me a chance of slipping up with Jahron?

Chanel appears in a grey shorts and a white top at the door. She reaches out and gives me a hug.

"Hey Kita"

"Hey Coco" I say hugging her back. She leads me into the house. The first thing she does is give me a pair of fluffy slides to wear. She puts my bag on the stairs before leading me into the living room.

"Do you want anything to drink?" She asks.

"No I'm fine thanks" she sits down opposite me.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yea I'm okay. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Keem didn't specify how long your staying for..."

"Should be just tonight unless things don't go as hoped then two nights. I'll be out your hair by Saturday I promise"

"I don't mind you being here. I like the company. I just have a show on Monday that's all in New York."

"Are you sure?"

"I don't hate you Kita."

"I just thought-"

"No. No Kita. I don't blame you for the break up. You know how Keem be. He thinks he knows what's best for people and apparently he wasn't that for me"

"I'm sorry"

"This why you been acting funny huh? You stopped texting me"

"Yea"

"Naww I like you Kita. And you honest so I trust you when you say he's bro. Are you sure you don't want a drink? I want one"

"If your finna have me drinking then you're coming with me to the show"

"Fine by me. What we drinking?"

"Anything but wine and Smirnoff ice or beer"

"Kita doesn't want Smirnoff ice?"

"I need something stronger. Don't let me get drunk"

**
I show the security guard my OVO badge and he lets me through with Chanel. We're lead back stage by another security guard. Jahron has already started performing but you know.

"Kita?" I hear Jerome's voice.

"Hi Rome" I say giving him a hug.

"You good?"