Time With Ivette Pt. II

Emerald's POV~

Within a few minutes, Ivette was cleaned, dressed into an outfit that had been tailored just for her and her hair had been perfectly done in an elegant updo.

"I feel pretty, mom," Ivette confessed as she fanned her tiny face.

I laughed at how girly she was being.

"That's because you are, Princess."

I grabbed my phone and dialed my personal driver.

"I need you outside in three minutes. We're on our way down." I ordered.

"Yes, ma'am."

I ended the call and tucked my phone in my pocket.

"Ivy, are you ready to go now?" I called out.

"I'm coming!" Ivette squealed.

Her excitement was too much for her little body to contain, what with the way she was laughing, squealing and jumping around.

I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips then.

I was the reason for that excitement.

The reason behind that happiness.

If this was the sort of emotions that took over Ivette because of a day we would spend together —then I wanted to do it more often and prolong her happiness for a longer amount of time.

Ivette and I stepped out of our penthouse, the door automatically locking itself behind us, and we entered the lift.

Pressing the ground floor button, I glanced at a smiling Ivette.

"Chocolate chip muffins for breakfast?" I questioned her knowingly.

"With hot cocoa?"

"That wouldn't taste so bad." I pretended to ponder on it.

Ivette's face lightened like a kid on Christmas and she threw her arms around my legs.

I hugged her closer towards myself and I bent down to place a kiss on her head.

"Come now." I voiced as the lift's doors slid open.

I took her tiny hand in mine and we crossed the building's lobby.

As soon as we stepped outside the chilly morning air enveloped us.

I was glad to spot my driver already waiting for us. It was cold and I didn't want Ivette to get sick.

"Good morning Ivette." The driver smiled at my daughter and opened the door for her. "Ma'am." He gestured with his head in greeting.

Ivette and I stepped inside the chrome colored car.

It was a luxurious car that I had recently bought but hadn't had the chance to drive yet.

It's interior was warm and I was grateful for it. That would help Ivette's wellbeing.

"Where to?" The driver asked once he was buckled in.

"Downtown. Jeffrey's Bakery."

Pulling out of the circle driveway we joined the flood of cars that were already navigating the roads, despite it being early still.

Ivette was bobbing her head along to the music that was barely audible in the background.

"Are you ready for your recital next week?" I asked her with a smile.

"I'm so ready! I'm going to be the best!" She beamed.

"I bet you will." I pinched her cheek, causing her to giggle and slap my hand away. "How's school been?"

"Boring." She responded quickly without a moment's doubt.

"Have you been doing your homework, eh?"

"Scar has helped me."

"Scar?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Yes. She said I can call her mom or Scar."

I was relieved to know that Ivette wasn't ready to call Scarlett 'mom' yet.

I wasn't particularly ready to accept it—although I'd have to brace myself for it eventually —but knowing that Ivette preferred 'Scar' was much more comforting.

"Oh, okay."

"Can you call Candice and tell her I won't be home today?" Ivette innocently asked. "We can't practice my routine."

I couldn't help laughing at just how grown and responsible she sounded. "I'm sure she won't drop by anyway, don't worry hon."

Fifteen minutes later we were outside the bakery.

It's windows showcased freshly baked and extremely desirable goods.

Ivette inhaled deeply as soon as we stepped inside the shop.

"I'll choose our table!" Ivette yelled and ran around in search of the perfect spot.

I headed towards the counter and ordered a basket of chocolate chip muffins and two cups of hot cocoa. It wasn't particularly healthy but I was always stern with Ivette and making sure she had a balanced breakfast, so a day of muffins and hot cocoa was like a treat for her. I'm sure she was aware of that already.

When my order was placed, I searched the bakery's interior trying to spot out Ivette.

After a moment I spotted her at a booth near the window.

"What would you like to do after this?" I asked her as I slid into the comfy seats.

"Can we go to the zoo?" She pleaded with her eyes.

"Of course we can." I caressed her cheek from across the table. "Then we'll visit Samantha and have her get your measurements for your dress, a prima ballerina should look her best at the performance."

"Yes!" Ivette exclaimed while clapping her hands.

A waitress then passed by and dropped off our orders.

After saying grace, Ivette immediately dug into the basket of muffins. I followed her doing and took one as well.

Ivette and I laughed, talked and enjoyed our breakfast in each other's presence.

While we sat there by the window, I couldn't shake off the feeling that we were being watched.

I let my gaze wander outside the window and I scanned the parking lot, yet I wasn't able to spot any suspicious person or eery looking car.

I was slightly uncomfortable because of this but I decided to ignore the warning my sixth sense had sent out.

When Ivette confessed to being full, I paid, leaving behind a generous tip and we exited the warm and cozy bakery.

My driver was patiently awaiting us and as we neared the car he opened the door for us and we climbed in.

Not before I scanned the parking lot yet again.

•••