Uncomfortable Introductions

Emerald POV~

"The proposition has been launched and was successfully accepted. Perez Incorporation has also released a new acceptance letter in which it allows it's fellow associates...."

I continued listening to my friend and second in command. I was excited because my Incorporation was soon constructing a new business office. The skyscraper was going to take a couple hundred millions of dollars and the area in which it was to be built had cost me a fortune. Hopefully it would all work out well. I mean, the idea was successfully accepted, right?

I focused my attention on Sarah once again.

She was more like my right hand than my second in command. I always placed a layout of ideas before her whenever I was planning a new construction or renovation. She always helped me out and was always ready to modify my ideas into broader and better ones.

She always accompanied me on business trips and she was the one to expose our current projects to the head board of administration and investors.

"We will arrange for another meeting after the construction begins to take place. Discussing its progress is completely necessary in order for this project to work out perfectly, as planned." Sarah finally closed off her presentation.

Her PowerPoint was removed from the screen and the lights to my conference room were once again illuminating the room.

"Thank you all for showing up. This project will be up and running in no time." I animatedly spoke. "I'll organize an upcoming meeting soon, in which we will make sure the development is being carried out as we have planned."

I shook hands with the administrators and investors who had shown up today. After everyone had dispersed to continue on with their day's schedule, I began to collect my belongings.

"Leaving already?" Sarah asked as she gave me an inquiring look.

"Yes. I've got to get home as soon as possible." I answered vaguely.

"How was my presentation?" She asked suddenly.

I stopped midway of lifting my binders. I glanced at her sideways and raised a brow. She shrugged and awaited my answer.

"It was great." I answered awkwardly.

She had never questioned me about her presentations before. And I could almost guarantee there was some ulterior motive for her suddenly asking me about it.

"Did you seriously pay attention to my presentation or were you too distracted by my ass, like those douche investors?"

I was caught off guard by this question. I mean, sure, Sarah had an amazing body, but I never got too caught up with the staring. I never allowed myself to get distracted by such things; especially in an important meeting.

So it would be completely normal if I was suddenly left speechless.

Which I was.

"Umm...what?" I asked stupidly.

"Don't act so surprised, I'm sure you noticed how those jerks were eyeing me."

"I'm sorry. But no, I didn't notice." I chuckled.

"So you've never checked me out while I was in the middle of a presentation?" She asked as she crossed her arms and smirked.

What the hell!?

Why was she asking me all these questions all of a sudden? What was I even supposed to answer? What if I said I hadn't, and she felt offended? And what if I said that I had in fact checked her out just this morning, and she thought I was flirting or something?