Agreements And Flying Helmets

Nancy POV~

"What?"

"I don't want to be a part of your plan anymore." I voiced my thoughts.

"Really? Why not?" The brunette cocked an eyebrow.

"The girl has nothing to do with this. I am not going to harm her in any way. If I have a problem with the girl's mother, I deal with it with her mother." I condemned.

Morgan barked with laughter and I felt my eye twitch in annoyance. This woman had a way with playing with my patience and I found myself trying to control the urge to pound her face in.

"You don't understand my dear Nancy." Morgan taunted with amusement laced in her voice. She continued to talk to me as if I were a ten year old. "She took what you loved most away from you. So you're helping me take away what she loves most."

"You're a coward." I hissed through gritted teeth.

Morgan's eyes flashed in fury and I knew I had hit a nerve within her. She clenched her jaw before leaning over the table and spitting out a threat.

"If you don't help me with this, your precious Candice will find out about Desirée through me."

How did she know?

I felt a slight moment of panic before controlling my display of emotions. Again, I let my blank face take over. Not sparing the observant brunette a hint of what was really going on in my mind. Like the fact that she knew my secret.

"What do you know about Desirée?" I questioned instead.

"More than you think. But what would it matter without evidence?" She emitted. "That's why I've got it all sorted out."

I'm sure she didn't blow her nails because her stupid smirk was contorted with enough smugness to even need a dependence on childish gestures.

So there was no way out of this. I was getting blackmailed into committing a crime I had no pleasure in participating in. Was there another option?

Of course there wasn't.

"I'll do it under one condition." I finally spoke up.

"Depends."

"Promise me you won't hurt the child." I spoke firmly and with determination dripping in my voice.

"Ah, the almighty Nancy has a soft spot for children after all." Morgan laughed.

"Promise or else I'm not doing it." I crossed my arms.

Morgan chuckled softly before dismissing it with a wave of her hand. "Sure. I promise."

"What's the point in all of this?" I asked with confusion. "What will you gain in kidnapping a child? You're only risking going to jail when all we really have to do is face the actual problem– the girl's mother."

"I will gain much more than you think. I will make her mother face her fears. The fear of losing what she loves most, only then will she understand what it is like to feel so useless and powerless. Accepting that she doesn't have control over the situation and making her leave my own happiness alone." Morgan refuted. "And of course, I could get a million dollars in ransom as well."

I almost sighed in relief with her confession.

I hid my phone, which was clamped in my hand underneath the table recording the conversation, inside my leather jacket. I had enough evidence to get her locked up. Of course this didn't mean I would get through unscathed. I knew and understood that I could get arrested as quickly as this woman would. But I wouldn't let her get away with kidnapping an innocent child.