Bridge

[Dedicated to all those that are still reading, supporting and sticking along for the rest of this book. Even when I take ages to update🙈 Thank you!!!😘]

Candice POV~

"Stop over thinking every single thing I suggest and just go along with it." Emerald sighed in exasperation as she took my hand and led me to the bridge's edge.

"Emerald slow down!" I screeched. "I don't want to fall over."

"You won't."

I rolled my eyes as Emerald continued to tug me forward. We eventually made it to the bridge's first wood planks and I forced myself not to look down. I knew that if I did, I would instantly feel lightheaded. I wasn't particularly afraid of heights. I just got dizzy if I focused on how high up I was from the ground. And nauseous was a feeling I didn't quite like to experience.

"Take your time." Emerald told me.

I noticed the mischievous smile on her face as I passed by her. I immediately turned around and pushed my finger in her face.

"Emerald Isabel Perez! Don't even think about doing whatever it is you're thinking because I won't talk to you for the rest of the day if you do."

Emerald held both of her hands up and smiled. "Woah! Chill down, I'm not even planning anything."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I hissed.

I turned back around and continued my journey down the swaying bridge. It was scary as it was and what made me even more tense was knowing that Emerald was planning on doing something, and I didn't know what. But it had to be something crazy.

When I was halfway down the bridge Emerald waved at me from the other side and her smile only widened. That's when I realized with horror what the little asshole was planning on doing all along. She began to shift her weight from foot to foot gaining momentum as the bridge began to sway with more force. I yelled and gripped the rope as I tried to keep my balance.

What in the actual f-ck was Emerald thinking?

She wasn't, obviously.

She didn't realize just how dangerous this little stunt was because she kept swinging the bridge from side to side. She clearly wasn't thinking about the possible consequences if the worst case scenario happened. I could possibly lose my balance, trip–hey I'm clumsy enough– and topple over into the raging river beneath.

So, to say I was mad would be an understatement.

When a laughing Emerald approached me once the bridge had slowed down, I completely ignored her.

"You should have seen your face!" Emerald kept on laughing. "It was absolutely priceless! Wish I could have captured the moment or something."

When Emerald realized I wasn't laughing along, she immediately sobered up.

"Oh come on! You can't possibly be mad at me for doing that?" She gasped.

I only glared at her and faced the waterfall yet again.

"Okay, you totally can. I didn't take your warning seriously." She quieted down for a moment before speaking softly. "Are you really not going to talk to me for the rest of the day?