She Calls

Emerald's POV~

"What?" I managed to voice out.

"Was there a reason you decided to pop up in my bathroom?" She glared at me.

"Yes. The girls and I are going to head to the water park today and I came to invite you."

"I'd rather stay here than–"

"Great! We're leaving in ten minutes. Make sure you're ready by then." I ordered her around.

If looks could kill, I'd be on the floor motionless right now.

"And don't think for a second that we are done with this conversation." I gave her an inquisitive look.

She muttered something incoherent under her breath and I headed for the kitchen. My mind was a mess and Betty's confession had me distracted.

"Is aunt Betty coming along?" Ivette happily questioned me as soon as I stepped inside the kitchen.

"Yes." I boasted.

I took a seat on the kitchen's island and Candice placed a stack of pancakes before me. I took a small sip of coffee and I glanced at Candice who was smiling adorably at Ivette.

Why was I suddenly feeling so guilty?

It's not like we were dating and I had done something wrong: which I haven't.

Yeah right, I thought to myself, it's not like you were just about to f*ck your best friend in the bathroom.

So much for the perfect day.

Now I was dealing with much more drama than I actually needed. My best friend has been in love with me for who knows how long. I have began to fall for a 'recently about to get divorced' woman. Would this love triangle end somehow?

I didn't want to be caught up in this. It made everything much more complicated and weird. Like, I couldn't openly flirt with Candice now. Not in front of Betty at least. Because I cared for her and I didn't want to hurt her. But now I felt a sudden and newfound feeling directed towards Betty. But why?

"Are you ok?" Candice voiced out.

"Peachy. Have you had breakfast already?" I questioned her while scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"Yes, I have." She dragged her words out while giving me a confused look.

"I will take some for Betty. She...umm...she isn't feeling well enough to come out and join us for breakfast. And I have to join her in her upcoming breakdown." I half joked.

Candice laughed and ushered me away. While she claimed she would go and help Ivette prepare last minute things.

So I grabbed a plate of food and I made my way towards Betty's room.

I found her sitting on her bed, looking at her phone while dabbing at her puffy eyes. She had in fact gotten ready and she was looking as beautiful as ever in simple clothing.

"Hey Bee, what's wrong?" I asked dubiously as I closed the door behind me.

"Don't." She sniffed.

I blew my cheeks out as I stood there awkwardly. Not knowing whether I should stay and comfort her although she wanted me no where near her. Or turning around and giving her some alone time.

I decided to go for the former.

"I brought you food because you need to eat or else I will force feed you." I placed the food on her bedside table.