Kuroo Tetsurou ~ Trust

Start from the beginning

Y/N blinked at the question; it was such an easy question to lie to, and Y/N bet she could lie without Kuroo even being able to tell the difference.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she answered with a shrug. "Why?"

"I was just wondering," Kuroo replied, shoving his hands in his trouser pockets. "You seem a bit...on alert lately, not to mention all of those bruises you have. Are you sure you're ok?" Kuroo asked softly, reaching his hand out to grab Y/N's arm, the girl flinching not from the sudden contact, but from the angry voice that followed.

~*~

Y/N felt a large stinging sensation swish around her face as he hit her.

"What were you doing with him?" (random guy's name) asked, and Y/N trembled violently with fear, tears spilling out from over her eyelids and rolling down her cheeks.

"N-nothing, w-we were just talking!" She cried, and (random guy's name) slapped her again, this time harder.

"You liar! I saw the way he was touching you! You fucking have the hots for him, don't you?" He yelled, and Y/N winced as he slammed his hand down on the wall right next to her head.

Y/N couldn't speak, or move. The door was right there, but it was like she was immobilised, unable to even reply.

"From now on, you stay the hell away from him or I swear you're gonna get it, got it?" He hissed, and Y/N nodded desperately, her terrified, beady eyes watching him as he pulled away from the wall and grabbed his coat. "I'm going out, you better be here with dinner on the table by the time I get back."

And just like that, he was gone, and Y/N sunk to her knees, letting her tears fall in waterfalls down her face and into her hands.

She needed Kuroo, but (random guy's name) would kill her if she called him.

She needed her best friend - whom she didn't even deserve to call her best friend anymore with the way she'd been avoiding him, obviously following her boyfriend's orders but Kuroo remaining clueless the whole time - to hug her and tell her it would be ok.

And she needed some ice for her face; it was burning, but she couldn't find the will to get up, let alone make dinner for the two.

Reaching for the house phone - (random guy's name) would never be able to find out who she'd been calling on the house phone - and dialed Kuroo's number.

'Please pick up, please pick up, please pick up,' Y/N mentally begged, and she nearly started crying when she heard Kuroo's voice on the other line.

"Hello~?" Kuroo answered politely, and Y/N took a deep breath.

"Tetsu?" She asked, cursing her voice for shaking.

"Oh, Y/N," Kuroo said, his tone noticeably becoming more bland when he heard her voice. "Everything ok?"

"Um-" Y/N choked on her words, tears spilling from her eyes. "N-no."

"Y/N, what happened?" Kuroo asked worriedly  upon hearing her voice get more quiet across the line.

"I, uh- c-can you come over, Tetsu?" She asked, not caring if her crying was obvious at this point; she was weak, and nothing could change that. "I-I really n-need you to come over."

"Yeah, of course, hang on sweetheart, I'll be there in a minute," Kuroo reassured before hanging up, and Y/N put the phone back down in its original position before pacing around the living room continuously.

Kuroo didn't break his promise, and he literally did arrive a minute after he hung up, only to be greeted by a very beaten, broken, and teary-eyed Y/N.

"Oh my god," He whispered, stepping inside the house and closing the door behind him before engulfing Y/N into a tight hug. "What did he do to you?"

Y/N let herself succumb to weakness, and felt her legs give out as she cried hard into Kuroo's chest, the two of them kneeling down on the floor wrapped up in Kuroo's warm embrace.

"Shh, it's ok," Kuroo cooed, lifting his hand up to stroke Y/N's hair and the girl noticeably flinched from the sudden contact. "I'm here now, Y/N, and I promise I'll protect you. Nobody'll ever lay a finger on you again because I love you Y/N and I always will."

Y/N let herself calm down in Kuroo's arms until she fell asleep in them, and Kuroo decided it would be best for him to take her back to his place for the night so she wouldn't have to deal with (random guy's name) being as ass to her.

Of course Kuroo's parents didn't mind having Y/N round, as she was a very famous family friend of Kuroo's family.

But that didn't stop Kuroo from worrying about the girl, and as he tucked her into his bed, gathering up his collection of blankets and pillows for a night on the couch, Kuroo couldn't help but lean over the bed and press a gentle kiss to Y/N's forehead before whispering 'I love you' several times and heading downstairs to the couch.

"I love you too..." Y/N mumbled in her sleep once Kuroo was gone. "...Tetsurou."

~*~

I actually started crying while writing this, someone help me. I don't know why but this really touched my heart.