Chapter 42: The Truth Comes Out

Začít od začátku

I watched as she entered the gates, and the gates closed. On the gates, was a symbol that Yukine-sensei had told us to run from. It was the Octogakure symbol. What was she doing there?

I had copied the look of their guards and entered the gates. That was when they told me that I was to escort her back and forward from Orochimaru's office and back to the gate. On one particular night, however, I warned her that what she was doing was wrong, then she said the same thing right back to me.

Every night, she would come and go from my hospital room, telling me how she didn't really want to do what she was doing, but she had to, then going to Octogakure and carry out missions for Orochimaru. However, that wasn't the worse of it all. She had stopped poisoning me about 3 weeks from the finals and I was beginning to get better.

About a week from the Chuunin exams, she hadn't come into my room to visit me, and tell me that she was sorry for all of the bad things that she was doing. Instead, she left the village and came to Konoha. I followed her and I had to use up almost all of my chakra just to keep up with her with her Kekke Genkai activated.

She approached the hotel room of one of the ninjas that wasn't a part of Konoha. The girl was sleeping soundly with her jet-black hair sprawled over her face. Her guard was down. I tried with all my might not to scream as Hikari did the hand seals for her ice spike jutsu and killed her. After that, she ran across town and I watched as she stared the purple haired ninja down. As she contemplated on whether to kill her or now. When I saw the seal of the ram, I knew that it was over for that girl too. However, there was a mist barrier over her as she slept. Her guard was up, and the barrier stopped Hikari's jutsu from fully freezing her over.

By then, I was shaking and crying. My comrade had turned to pure evil. She was making a wrong to correct a wrong, and there was nothing I could have done but watch. I ran all the way back to our village, in which I had arrived right before Yukine-sensei. She told me that the girl who you fought was killed, and that the other girl who Mayuki was to fight was in critical condition.

You wouldn't believe who came after Yukine-sensei... It was the murderer herself.

********************FLASHBACK OVER*******************

HIKARU

Ryoku put his hand on my shoulder. "Listen to me, Hikaru."

I nodded and wiped the tears that were flowing from my eyes. I couldn't believe that my sister would do something like that. And... and Ryo wouldn't lie about that, because... because he loves her.

"I don't hate Hikari, because I know what it's like to lose a sibling. In fact, I lost my whole family, and I would have done anything in my power to bring them back, but turning her own sensei in to a creep like Orochimaru, and selling out her own comrade to the enemy, is just too far. If I were you, I wouldn't be mad at Mayuki for doing what she did to Hikari, because the things that Hikari is doing to achieve her goals is inexcusable, especially in the perspective of the one who is being targeted," he explained.

He was right. I couldn't be mad at Mayuki for trying to kill Hikari.

"We need to speak with Sensei on the matter," I said.

************************************

YUKINA

We had found a room where we could have sit and talked. Mayuki was telling Haku the truth about who she was and where she came from, when the door was suddenly opened.

"Yunkine-sensei," came a voice. I recognized that voice anywhere.

I looked to the door and saw the male counterpart of my student that was in deep trouble.