Part 20

Leaving the park was one of the hardest things Michael had to do. He didn't go home for a long time. When he was in his car he shot Calum a text. (Mickey are Michael's text, Cal Pal are Calum's texts)

Mickey
Hey. You home?

Cal Pal
Yeah. Why? Your boyfriend finally need a break from you?

Mickey
I guess you could say that. Can I come over? We could go out and get a drink.

Cal Pal
You okay? It's normally me who has to ask you to go out and get a drink. Is everything okay between you and Luke?

Mickey
I'll talk when I get there. I'll see you in ten minutes.

With that Michael put his phone and started on his way to Calum's house. He told himself that he wasn't going to cry but he did. By the time the ten minutes were up, and Michael was in Calum's driveway, he had his head on the steering wheel and was crying. He forced himself to get out of the car because he needed his friend.

Michael slowly made his way to the door and knocked as loud as he could. Calum answered the door in less than a minute. The first thing he saw was one of his best friends crying. The only thing he felt that he could do was hug Michael tightly, in hopes that any loose or broken pieces of his friend would glue back together.

"Mickey, what's going on? Did you and Luke break up?" Calum asked pulling his friend inside.

"We didn't break up. . ."

"Please tell me what's going on. I'm worried about you. You're my best friend."

Michael broke down and sobbed into his best friend's arms. His love was in danger because of him. Michael thought he could trust Calum but he also thought he could trust his mother but now he knew he couldn't.

"Mickey, please. You're like my brother. Whatever you tell me will stay between us. I promise, just please let me know that you're okay."

"Is anyone else here?" Michael hiccuped and still had tears running down his face.

"No. Did you or Luke do something stupid. . . no I don't mean stupid. Is Luke okay are you?"

Michael broke down again. He told Calum everything. From the first time he saw Luke in his wolf form to the goodbye he had less than an hour ago. At first Calum thought his friend was loosing his mind and he was truly scared for him. But then he thought about it. Michael had almost always been mentally stable and even for the short period of time that he wasn't, he didn't have delusions.

"Are you absolutely sure that this is real?" Calum asked softly.

"Yes. If you need to see picture get on my phone. There are pictures of us when he isn't covering his ears and there should be one where you can see his tail."

Calum looked at his friend's phone and the pictures were enough. Some made Calum sad because in the picture, Luke and Michael looked so happy.

That night, Michael went home to tell him mom the Luke 'ran away' but after that he practically lived with the Hoods. He tried to see Luke every chance he got but school was starting and he had noticed that another man has started to fallow him every once in a while. At the time Michael didn't know that it was his mother's doing. She arranged to have an officer follow Michael.

Michael started to see Luke less so that he would be safe from whoever was following him. It went from everyday to every other day to twice a week to once a week to once every two weeks. It continued until Michael only saw Luke once a month. This continued for six months.

Harry would talk to Michael at school and ask when he was coming over next. Michael would always say as soon as he could but after a while they both knew that wasn't entirely true. Harry could tell that Michael longed to be with Luke but something was up. Michael hadn't told Spencer, Harry, or Luke about about the strange man that followed him most of the time. He had mentioned it to Calum but hadn't talked about it recently.

"How is Luke doing? Does he like living with you and Spencer?"

"He misses you. I think he likes living with us but he misses living with you more. But I have a question, why don't you come around? I'm not trying to guilt you but Luke really misses you. He thinks that you don't love him anymore. I know that isn't true but he doesn't. Maybe you should come over tonight or at least call me so I can give him the phone."

"I'll try. I promise. Don't let him know. I want it to be a surprise."

"He'll be really happy to see you. I'll see you around."

After his conversation with Harry, Michael went to English. They were learning about the poem Nothing Gold Can Stay. Michael liked the poem and he had it memorized but what he didn't know is that it was about to apply to his life.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Later that night Michael stood in front of his boyfriend'a new address and nocked. He heard some yelling inside about who would open the door.

"Luke, get the door!"

"I can't! Don't have my ears covered!"

"Just get it please! No one comes here unless they know us!"

A few seconds later Luke opened the door and when he realized who I was, he started to cry. He was so happy to see Michael after not seeing him for so long. He jumped into Michael's embrace and wrapped his legs around Michael's torso while Michael held him close.

In that moment everything was perfect, golden, but both boys were about to find out that nothing gold can stay.

So sorry I'm not able to update as much as I used to. I'm on my school's swim team and exams are coming up so I'm a little stressed but I hope to do better with updates.