Part 3

After that she left. I knew I was going to get out. One way or another. For the past couple of months, I had been digging a hole. I dig it as a human because it's faster but when I use it, I will be a wolf. I can control my form. Once I was a wolf for about three months. In about three days, I will be able to leave this place and just run.

The night I planned my escape, I had to say goodbye to Amy. She was more than just a nurse, she was my friend. My only friend. Before she would leave for the night, she would always come in to say goodnight to me and make sure I was fine before she left.

"Alright Luke, I'm about to leave for the night. Is there anything you need?" Amy asked as she stepped into the room.

"T-Thank you." I said and she raised an eyebrow.

"For what?" She asked as she sat on my small bed with me.

"Everything. Y-you've always b-been so nice t-to me." I said and hugged her.

It took her by surprise. Even with her, I never hugged anyone. I would let her hug me and if I were a wolf I would let her pet me, but I never actually started a hug with anyone. She immediately hugged me back. Out of everyone I have seen at this lab, Amy is the one person I trust.

"Good night Luke. I'll see you in the morning." Amy said as she pulled away from the hug.

She gave my forehead a quick peck then stood up and left. I waited until the announcement over an intercom to tell everyone lights out and with that, all lights in the facility went out. I waited a bit longer until a guard came around to make sure all the doors were locked.

After the doors were checked, I moved my mattress that was covering the hole. I turned into a wolf and crawled out of the hole. I over estimated how small I was. It was a tight squeeze but I made it. When I was out of the room, I looked around and saw one fence separating me from freedom.