Part 12

Six weeks passes, Michael and I became closer. Michael only had one more week of school. Ashton and Calum came over every week but I was always a wolf. Michael and I were cuddling in his room Sunday night. I was somewhere between conscious and unconscious when I heard Michael whisper something softly in my ear. He thought I was asleep, and I almost was, but I will always remember what he said.

"I love you."

It was three simple words. I didn't know the significance of them then. But I knew it meant a lot. I had heard Michael and Karen say it to each other when they went long periods without seeing each other.

That was the last thing I remember before I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning, I was alone in a cold bed. I got up and took a shower then changed. I wanted Michael to hold me but he wouldn't be home for at least two hours.

I changed into one of Michael's shirts and a pair of his jeans and a hat. I put a pair of his shoes on and slowly went out of the house. I just chose a direction and started to walk down the sidewalk. I walked for a while and got to a small town.

I wondered around on the sidewalk until I caught a familiar sent. Well, familiar isn't the right word exactly. It's like I would know it anywhere but I didn't know where. I followed it and it took me to a park. I kept following it until it led me to a girl. She was young, but older than me. She had brown hair dark brown eyes. I couldn't held but keep walking towards her.

She was reading and when I was standing right in front of her she looked up. She looked so familiar but she was a stranger to me. I couldn't stop staring. I knew her but at the same time didn't. Something about her drew me to her.

"Can I help you?" She asked kindly.

"Um, I-I, d-do I k-know y-you?" I stuttered out.

"I don't believe so. I'm Spencer. What's your name?" She asked and motioned for me to sit next to her.

"I-I'm L-Luke." I said still just staring at her.

"What's something about you?" She asked studying my features.

"Um, I-I" I couldn't think of anything to say. I couldn't tell her 'I lived in a lab until seven weeks ago'.

"Wait, let me guess. You are tall, sweet, very handsome, and stop me if I get this next part wrong-and you are part wolf. You lived in a lad for sixteen years until you broke out about seven weeks ago, you don't know your family, you can turn into a wolf at will. Am I right?"

A/n: I know this is short but things are going to get interesting between Luke and Michael. And how do you think Spencer knows knows about Luke?