Part 9

I slowly drifted to sleep. When I woke the bed next to me was cold. I saw the time and saw it was nine in the morning. I stretched and a few of my bones cracked. I glanced around the room and saw two pieces of pizza on the nightstand with a short note next to them.

I didn't want to wake you up but I also thought you should have some food. I'll be home at three thirty xx Michael

I smiled at the note. I really like him. I didn't know you could like someone as much as I like Michael. I know I've known him less than a week but he's shown me kindness that no one else has, not even Amy.

I at the pizza and sat back on Michael's bed. I worked on my stutter. I was hoping that I could get a phrase out without stuttering before Michael got home. I wanted to tell him thank you. I think I finally got it after a while.

At three thirty Michael was walking through the front door and I met him with a hug soon after he closed the door. He chuckled but hugged me back. We stayed that way for a while until I pulled up away so I could look at his beautiful green eyes.

"Well, someone is happy to see me." Michael chuckled slightly.

"I-I've been lonely. I-I d-didn't get to s-see you this m-morning." I said with a slight pout on my lips but we soon both started to laugh.

"You hungry? I could make spaghetti and meatballs." Michael suggested.

"Sure." I said as we walked to the kitchen.

He put a pot of water on the stove and when it started to boil, he put the hard noodles in. He started on the meatballs soon after. About thirty minutes later our dinner was ready. We sat down at the dinner table and started to eat. After we were done I wanted to tell Michael what I had been practicing to say.

"Michael," I began and took a deep breath, "thank you for taking me in. You gave me a home and you've been so nice to me."

He continued to clean up but then stopped in his tracks. I was at one end of the counter and Michael was at the other, at the sink. He slowly looked up at me with wide green eyes. He put everything down and slowly walked closer to me. Did I say it wrong?

"You didn't stutter." Michael said with a soft smile on his face.

"I've b-been trying not to stutter. I've been w-working really hard." I said softly as he continued to walk forward. He kept walking until I was against the counter and Michael.

"I'm proud of you." He said lowly. Both my wolf ears were pointed and my tail was slightly wagging.

"I-I'm happy that you're p-proud of me." I said.

Michael then started to move even closer to me until his body was pressed against mine. After he was completely against me he stopped moving. Our lips were so close together. I wanted to know what it would be like to have them touch.

I didn't have to wait long to find out. I soon started to lean closer to his lips. Soon they connected and I swear I saw fireworks. Michael's lips started to move against mine and I soon got mine to move with his. It was slow but sweet.

He soon pulled away and looked into my eyes. I didn't even realize that my lungs were burning from the lack of oxygen. Both of our breathing was heavy.

"W-wow." I said, still in a daze from the kiss.

"Yeah." Michael said and leaned his forehead against mine. "I really like you, Luke, but if you don't feel the same way, I understand. I won't be mad. You don't have to worry about anything. Just tell me the truth."

"I really l-like you too." I said and he had the biggest smile. I can only imagine I had one to match.

"You should go upstairs. I don't know when my mum will be home." Michael said backing up.

When he was done cleaning, he came up to his room with me. I took a shower that night and Michael gave me clean clothes. Michael did homework then we cuddled until we both fell asleep. It went that way the next night too. When we were cuddling Thursday night, I had a lingering question in my mind.

"Michael?" I asked looking up at him. He just hummed in response, he didn't even open one of his closed eyes. "W-will I ever leave the h-house?" Michael slowly opened both his green eyes and looked down at me.

"Eventually. You'd have to wear a hat and put your tail in your pants." Michael said softly.

"C-could we go to dinner t-tomorrow night?" I asked feeling nervous.

"If you really want we can." Michael said and I smiled. I leaned up and packed Michael on the lips.

"Goodnight M-Michael." I said and closed my eyes with a smile.