Part 17

Karen woke up about two hours after passing out. The first thing she saw was her son standing over her with a worried expression. She started to sit up but Michael told her to lay down and save her energy. He wanted to check on Luke but he had to make sure his mother was alright. Luke had disappeared into Michael's room as soon as Karen passed out.

"Michael?" Karen asked reaching out to her head haired son.

"Mum, it's okay. I'm right here. What did you see?" Michael asked hoping that he could explain it so she wouldn't know Luke's secret.

"I-I saw you. W-with a boy, but he wasn't normal. He had a tail and wolf ears. Michael, am I going crazy?" She asked not knowing the truth but Michael knew he couldn't let him mother believe that she was crazy.

"No. You aren't crazy. That was Luke."

"Your pet wolf? That's impossible Michael."

"Give me one minute and I can prove it to you."

Michael went up to his room to find that Luke had cried himself to sleep. He used all his energy until there was nothing left. Michael left him door open and went down the stairs to see his mother trying to stand up. He rushed over to help her and started to lead her up the stairs.

"Look inside." Michael told his mum softly when they got to his room.

Karen looked in to see a tall blond who looked so small, curled up to one of her son's pillows with dried tear streaks down his cheeks. Sure enough, she also so his tail lying limply next to him and his wolf ears pressed to his head.

Before Michael could stop her, she walked over to him and softly shook him awake. Luke expected to see Michael but when he saw his boyfriend's mother he started to cry again. Karen pulled Luke into her arms and told him one thing.

"You are safe here. You're safe, don't worry."