Hell.

"MARSHALL!" You yelled ignoring the military officer completely.

You couldn't believe they had drafted a 48 year old man to war..and expected everyone to be okay with this and act happy that they were serving the country.

The country they had let get overrun!

You saw him look at you with a small frown as he continued to be dragged outside into the cold snowy streets of Michigan where things were once sunny and skies were once blue.

Now all you could see..was grey.

I loved and I loved and I lost you
And it hurts like hell
Yeah it hurts like hell  

*FlashBack*

"Can you believe this is happening?" You asked Marshall as you both sat on the couch in your small apartment that had no heat because you had no money to pay it.

You guys were broke living in the City of Detroit that had crime and cold. But you guys made the best of what you had so it made days like these seem all the brighter.

"I know this sh*t seems unreal." He said as you both watched the Tv screen.

"You know they're going to start drafting in people like crazy now right?" You asked looking at your husband in worry.

He gave you a small smile as he pulled you in and layed you down next to him. "You really need to stop worrying, ain't nothing going to happen to me I promise you that." He said his tone stern and full of confidence that you almost believed it.

But something in the back of your mind told you otherwise.

You've heard many people say that before..and they some how always proved themselves wrong.

"Alright..i'll believe you." You said lying to him.

He looked at you and unbeknownst to you he could see right through it. But he said nothing as he grabbed a blanket and layed it over the both of you to keep warm plus he knew that this blanket made you feel safe.

He didn't know why.

"Don't worry, if I am drafted though..because every minute i'm fighting it'll be for you. To keep you safe just like this Blanket." He said suddenly.

You didn't know how to respond to such a statement so all you did was smile and nod as a looming feeling of worry drifted over you.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Dreams fight with machines
Inside my head like adversaries
Come wrestle me free
Clean from the war

"Look Ms. your going to have to leave this apartment as well, we'll relocate you to a shelter where we're holding everyone else but it's not safe here." The officer said just as a explosion could be heard from a few miles back.

It had only been a week since the Militia had made it's way into Michigan and worked their ways into Detroit.

"Fine..but..can I at least say bye to him?" You asked feeling tears run down your cheeks.

"Okay but make it quick." The officer said letting you go and as soon as you felt him release you you ran outside yelling his name.

You didn't even notice how cold it was outside, or how they air was real smoggy or how you were bare foot outside with the Icy snow freezing your feet. All you cared about was reaching him. And as you reached him you jumped straight into his arms crying and hugging him so tight you were surprised you hadn't crushed him.