Chapter 11

Avery's POV

Here I am... waiting for the sun to go down and the stars to go up. I'm waiting for the city lights to light up one by one and then altogether. I was sitting on top of a tall building... I was... a thousand feet away from the ground? But whatever, I got up here, I'm sure I know how to get down again... I hope. If the door that goes up here at the rooftop is still open

I was swinging my feet like a child but I don't care, I'm the only one up here so... I don't care. As the sun is going down and the breeze became colder, a lot of things circled on my mind like would I succeed in feeling nothing for Nico? No feelings at all... Happiness, Sadness....Pain. You know, it's easy not to feel anything if I'm like R (Hottest Zombie Everr!) in Warm Bodies. Well, you know... before he became human again, when he was still a zombie.

But sadly, I'm not! 

You know, right now, I want to see my mom and ask her why I'm feelin' all this for just one guy. Usually, what I've heard before from my half- brothers and sisters that we, the children of Aphrodite are the ones who will do the heartbreaking. So what happened to me huh? I have noooo idea.

It's just a few seconds 'til the sun finally goes down and I'm really excited. I like the feeling when it's getting dark. Great influence Nico. I looked at the sun it's going down now... 5....4....3....2....1. I closed my eyes for a few moments and when I opened them Wow! The sky was dark and a billion stars came up. All the city lights shining like stars altogether. The lights from the skyscrapers and building, the lights from all the light posts... Gods! It's a beautiful view. I wish Nico was here to...

I was shocked by own thoughts and just shoved that thought away. But I just feel like something's missing. I just feel like someone's missing. Again I shoved that thought away and just focused on the world above me.... and below me. I wish I could share this moment with someone but sadly, there is no one special right now. I mean Nico's with Lexi and Mackenzie would probably kill me if I took her up here. I wouldn't say Leo would be the best company either... he would just threaten that he'll push me especially we're a thousand feet away from the ground. So yeah, no choice but to be alone.

I just wish that someone here is beside me looking at the city view. Like R and Julie at the ending of the movie Warm Bodies. Except that there is no wall breaking down.

Again, I tried very hard to focus on the view I'm seeing. This is nice. Just relaxing and nothing to worry about. I really enjoyed the scenery. It was just breathtaking.

It was about 20 mins. and I just kept on gazing on my surroundings. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice. A voice that sent shivers down my spine and made the hairs on my neck go up. A voice I was so longing to hear.... Nico.

"Hey" he said

At first I didn't turned around. I just froze. I don't know what I'm going to do next. Should I turn around and face him? Or just ignore him 'til he goes away? Yeah, the second one's good. C'mon Avery, just don't show any signs that you feel his presence. Ignore! Ignore! Ignore! Just keep on looking at the view. I kept my mind busy for a few seconds. Oh look! There's Midtown Manhattan! Ooh! and over there is the Chrysler Buildings and Ooooh! Over there is the Empire State Building! Also known as Olympus for us!

Is he gone? Is he gone? Please Lord Zeus tell me he's gone! Mother! Please! Oh Please! I closed my eyes hoping he's gone'

I heard him chuckle and felt that his footsteps going near me. Oh My Gods! What now? What Now?

"I said.." he said and I can feel that he stopped behind me "Hey" and then he put a hand on my shoulder. That made me fidgeted and I almost... ALMOST fell a thousand feet above the ground. It's just that, that his touch made me I don't know surprised? Shocked? Like Thalia just summoned lightning? It's weird.