Chapter 7

Avery's POV

I knew I should've not told Mackenzie about Nico and Lexi having an afternoon picnic at the beach.You know why? Guess where we are? Yup, were at the beach.... hiding behind a big rock. We were hiding and spying on them for almost 40 star minutes I guess.

"You know Mack, I think we should just go. I don't think we should be going through people's lives and-----"

"Shhh the f*ck up" Mackenzie whispered to me.

Okay, Wow. This girl really wants gossip. Me? I don't even bother to take a peek of both of them. Because I knew if I did, it would break my heart. I heard both of them laugh and I just felt like a dagger went straight to my heart. I stood up and dusted the sand of my pants. Forget it. Nico would never fall for me. The moment we had earlier in his cabin, I feel that it was a lie, or maybe you know the way how usual friends talk to each other

"Where are you going?" Mackenzie whispered to me

"Back to the cabin" I replied not bothering to whisper

"But why? We are so close to the dits--"

"You know what Mack? I don't care! He will never feel the same way I'm feeling for him! To him, I'm just this weird best friend of his and--" and before I could finish my sentence, Nico and Lexi's head turned to me, but luckily, before they could see me.... I hid behind the rock with Mackenzie. I was breathing heavily.

"Wow my Gods! They almost saw me.." I said to Mackenzie

"See? When spying...whisper darling" Mackenzie said

"Hey who's there?" Nico yelled but we didn't answer of course! We just kept quiet. "Hey blondie!!" he called out.

Shit! I think he saw me but not at least 2 seconds... I looked at Mackenzie and she just gave me a disapproving look.

"Girl, you ain't going on another spy mission" she said and I just rolled my eyes. We crawled and crawled and then walked so low until it was clear for us to stand up. But before we could... someone stood before us. I looked at him... Leo.

"So, care to explain why you two crawled all the way there and then walked low from there to here?" he asked with his hands on his hip above his tool belt.

"It's none of your business Valdez" Mackenzie replied and stood up. I sighed before I stood up and then brushed the dirt of me. I walked past Leo but he stopped me. I turned to look at him with an expression saying what?

"No, really.. What happened?" he asked. I looked at Mackenzie and then Leo...

"Like she said... None of your business" I replied and turned my back on them. Suddenly Leo grabbed my waist and started pulling me near the forest. Mackenzie followed grinning.

"What in Hades are you doing?" I cried and struggle but it was no use. Who knew this gawky kid has strong arms. Mackenzie followed us trying not to laugh but I could tell she was going to fail sooner or later.... scratch that, she already laughed. All the three of us stopped near the forest. Leo held my wrist tight... but not too tight.... just tight enough for me not to escape.

Mackenzie stopped beside Leo and let go off my wrist. Yessss!! I was going to make run for it but too late.... Leo and Mackenzie trapped me with their arms enclosing on me like a cage. I furrowed my brows at them.

"Wooahkay, what's up with you weirdos today, huh?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"Mr. Valdez here wants to know something..." Mackenzie replied

I turned my head on Leo and raised my brow at him.

"Okay, boy on fire.... what do you want from me?" I asked