Chapter 10

He can't see the smile I'm faking 

And my heart's not breaking 

Cause I'm not feeling anything at all 

And you were wild and crazy 

Just so frustrating intoxicating 

Complicated, got away by some mistake and now 

I was singing Taylor Swift's 'The Way I loved You' in my head. It somehow fits my situation right now. Before I left him and Lexi alone at the fields I faked a smile at him and then walked away. I didn't look back knowing that I might break down. I was getting farther and farther away from them as the smell of the strawberries started to fade. Although right now, my heart is broken into a million pieces... I decided to just let go, move on and just forget my feelings for Nico. Stay as a best friend and nothing more. Just that. I must not feel anything at all when I see him... I know it's hard but I have to try to.

Right now, it's complicated. Just as the lyrics said, 'got away by some mistake' it really fits. I let those words sink in my heart because Nico was now away from me, he got away by some mistake. And that mistake was not telling him how I feel towards him. Maybe if I told him, even though he doesn't feel the same way as I feel about him and even though he's someone else's, maybe I would feel relieved. Relieved because... I let it out. I'm not hiding something from him anymore... It's just hard to explain! Ughh! 

But if I did tell him the way I feel about him... What would happen? I mean there's nothing wrong by just trying, right?

And that's the way I loved you oh, oh 

Never knew I could feel that much 

And that's the way I loved you

I never knew I could feel that much about Nico. First he was just my best friend and nothing more. But as soon as we grew closer together the way I'm feeling about him just grew too. From best friend to my secret crush who's the reason my heart is broken. 

Maybe I should just move on, accept the fact he like Lexi more than me and accept the fact that Lexi and him would be a perfect couple than me and him. I should just hide this stupid shit I'm feelin' until I'm in my grave til' my spirit is somewhere in the Underworld and just go on with my life. There's like a billion guy out there right? Hundreds of Greek demigods and Roman demigods, but just one Nico. I shoved that thought away and just focused on my surroundings. I was planning to stay late at night here and watch the citylights and just forget everything for once. I really hope that later, I would have a goodnight watch of the city view.

Nico's POV

Shit! Shit! Shit! Damn you Lexi! I hate you! 

So here I am in my bunk with my face buried in my sweaty palms.Ugh! Now Avery thinks I'm really head over heels for Lexi.. and so does that bipolar bitch. I was so frustrated I stood up and grabbed my Stygian Iron sword. I was heading to the woods and let my mind rest for awhile. I know the woods are the most dangerous and mysterious part of camp and they seems to go on forever. It also hold many secrets and it is also infested with monsters so don't go in alone or unarmed! But for me, I'm fine being alone in the woods especially with my sword by my side. Monsters fear Stygian Iron than Imperial Gold or Celestial Bronze possibly because the essence is absorbed into the blade, which prevents the monster from going back into Tartarus to reform. So yeah, I'm fine and if I ever a monster attacked me I could just summon the dead or fight it myself. No big deal.

I was walking for about an hour or so and luckily no monsters attacked me yet. My mind is still not functioning well after what happened and I still have no idea of what I'll do next especially if I saw Avery again. Gods she would feel awkward with me especially if Lexi got her eyes on me. I'm sure about now she's telling half of the girls in camp telling that I'm hers and they should keep their hands off me. Suddenly I imagined Lexi yelling 'Hands off' to every girl who came near me. Gods! It's even worst by just imagining it.