Chapter 8

Nico's POV

What an exhausting week! Especially that I'm the talk of the camp. Me being rumored as Lexi Bryant, the new camp queen bee's boyfriend. I just couldn't take this abasement anymore.I don't want, hell I don't even like the attention. I was all used to be out of the spotlight and I wanted it to stay that way. Now, everywhere I pass by, campers would look at me starts to whisper. Some would even congratulate me and then I'll stop them to explain that what they've heard about me and Lexi is  false information but they wouldn't let me. Lexi is taking it pretty well though. She would just gave them her most charming smile and walk it off. I guess she's used to it... the attention.

I reached the my cabin. I sat on the steps leading to the door of my cabin. I buried my face in my hands and stayed like that for a few minutes. I just can't take the abasement!

Moments later, I heard footsteps coming towards me, getting nearer and nearer every second. Suddenly, I felt it stop in front of me. I didn't budge at first. I knew it wasn't Lexi's so there's no reason for me to make a run for it. The footsteps don't belong to Avery because hers was light.

The owner of the footsteps cleared his throat but again, I didn't budge.

"Hey! di Angelo" the owner called out and I fidgeted. I know that voice. Percy.

I looked up to see two sea green eyes staring right back at me. His wonderful sea green eyes were amazing even in the lucid rays from the sunset.

"What do you want?" I asked looking at the ground.

"I'm here to talk to you" he replied. He sat beside me comfortably. He just looked at the sky, admiring the orange like sky with his lips curved.

"I thought you wanted to talk to me?" I asked and that seems to keep him out of his thoughts.

"Huh? What? Oh yeah" he said and sat straight. His eyes were focused on me.

"I'm here, to have the talk with you mah friend" he started

"Wait, What?" I asked and he just smiled at me "What's 'The Talk'? I asked but he just ignored my question

"Well, you know, I've heard that you and Lexi----" he started but I cut him off

"It's not true" I said sharply

"Hey it's okay dude. It's just that, you know it's normal for a guy to you know, start to have feelings and show affection to the opposite gender---" Percy explained again, I cut him off

"Ewww! No! Stop it it!" I cried out and we both laughed "Seriously dude! And aren't fathers supposed to have the talk with their sons?" I asked

"Well you know, Poseidon never gave the talk, I'm guessing Hades won't either. Now that he's totally busy in the underworld as he said he was" he said and he was right. This year, I spent three months in the underworld helping my dad. Three months of No sunlight, No Camp and No Avery.

"You know, Lexi isn't that bad. She's ugh.. nice, cute, pretty, beautiful...uhm...charming...the new queen bee at camp... and uhmm" Percy said struggling to find the right words to describe Lexi with one brow raised and his hand scratching his chin

"Terrible? Bossy?" I continued it for him

He clapped his hands one time and threw his fist up the air "Oh you know it brothah!" 

"Yeah. Who knew the sweet and charming girl we knew a few weeks was all a lie?" I said and Percy nodded.

"Yeah, sometimes she's sweet and charming and gentle, and then one minute she's a bossy, spoiled, dumb blonde bitch...." I said