Chapter 1

Nico's POV

"Nico! Nico! It's 2 in the afternoon, Wake Up!"

My best friend Avery Malfoy shouted outside my cabin door.

"Well? open this damn door dummy!" she yelled knocking on the door.

I reluctantly sat on my bed and ran my hands through my messy hair. "Two in the afternoon? What is way more important than my thirteen hours of sleep? Avery must have a better excuse" I said to myself. Not bothering to put on a shirt, I got up from my bed to open the door. I was expecting the usual Avery with her usual expression, her arms crossed and giving me an angry glare which I used to call 'The I've been knocking on the door almost a decade' look and her usual outfit, a bonnet (I don't know what color since she owns like 12 of it) on her golden blonde locks, the traditional Camp Half-blood shirt, skinny jeans and she's either wearing her brown or black boots or one of her converse from her converse collection. Yeah, you heard me, 'Converse Collection'. I opened the door and instead of seeing her usual expression, I saw a very stunned Avery. Her eyes grew bigger as soon she saw me. She was just there, frozen, staring at me.

"Like what you see? Take a picture it will last longer" I said and smirked to get her attention

"Wh-What? As if I would do that! And besides, it's just an expression...Duh!" she said and then looked down as she stepped at my cabin and I swore to Zeus, I saw her cheeks turn slightly pink.

I never saw Avery blush again, maybe once, two years ago. And when we became friends she told me, she never ever never, even in the name of Salazar Slytherin (I think he's a character from her favorite book, The Harry Potter series) she never blush in front of anyone, especially in front of a guy. So I was quite surprised though when I saw her cheeks turn slightly pink. And I think it's kinda cute.

"What's this? Avery Malfoy blushing?" I asked

She turned to face me and gave me a confused look "Huh? What? No way! I don't blush..." she said touching her cheeks "....especially in front of the Ghost King" she continued, she still managed to add those words with her tone full of pride and she stuck her tongue out which made chuckle.

"Put on a shirt, Percy wanted me to tell you to go get ready, Capture the Flag will start in a few hours" she said and smirked.

Oh I know why she smirked. Every single time I tease her, she would always say the name Percy and emphasize it. Yup, my best friend knows I HAD crush on the famous Percy Jackson. Although it happened two years ago, I still remember the confession in front of Stupid Cupid and Jason. I still want revenge on Cupid. I swear, if I ever get a chance to see him again I'll punch him straight on his face. Gods, I hated that moment. I loathe Cupid. Yes, loathe is such a strong word. Telling Avery that biggest secret was one of my biggest regret. Even though she knew I was over it she kept teasing me as a revenge or to be even.The expression on my face changed when she emphasized the name Percy. From full of pride to slightly embarrassed. But I can't let her show that I am beaten by one prominent name said by Avery,. I can't let her smirk like that and think that she's much more superior than me. So I quickly come up with a better remark. And Gods, I grinned before the words came out from my mouth because I know she would be speechless.

"Aww, but I thought you like what you're seeing right now?" I asked gesturing to all of me.

"As if. I see you all the time dummy" she replied rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

"Yeah, but it's not everyday you see me... shirtless" I said emphasizing the word shirtless.

For a moment she was speechless. Yes! She opened her mouth to say something.... anything! But nothing came out. Instead, she punched me in the arm. Okay, that slightly hurts.